Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Crt Monitor Problem...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 micaman

micaman

• Members
  • 127 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 AM

Posted 06 December 2005 - 06:01 AM

The monitor is a 17' CRT. Brand is KDS. Out of nowhere, it will pop up and then flash on and of for about two or three minutes and then go away. It is only a year or two old. And I came across one other that did this as well. It was a 15' emachine CRT monitor.

Any ideas?? :thumbsup:

This is a new one on me! I took it all apart and nothing was wrong inside...well something IS wrong inside, but not visibly so. I think it has go MAD. I bought a new one, but was wondering what could have happened.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 junkdk

junkdk

• Members
  • 345 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2005 - 07:17 PM

Dear mica,

It could be a dozen things at this point but I will rule out your monitor.

Tell us about your system?

After that we can help zero in on the problem.

Let us know,

junkdk :thumbsup:
Your Hardware Guide.

#3 micaman

micaman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 127 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2005 - 05:21 AM

The machine connected to this monitor is a eMachine T3882, with all of the security tools and SP2 installed. Maintenance is done regularly and everything works perfectly, and much faster than an new, expensive Sony Vaio at work.

The last time it did this was in OCTOBER of this year. Before that, it did it one time in JULY 2005. You will be working and then the monitor's OSD screen will flash onto the screen (as it would if you pushed the top button on the monitor) and than change colors (just as it does if you would push the bottom button on the display to adjust the menu) and than go away. It did this for about twenty minutes - every three to five seconds - and then stopped. The monitor is a KDS 17" CRT, model #KF-7b.

Another machine in 2004 had the same thing happen, but it went on so much that the monitor was replaced. That machine is working very well in another office with no troubles. It is a XP SP2 machine as well.

As a network administrator, I have seen a lot of strange things on my machines...but this is tops! :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users