Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MySpace 3.0 - no more mass mail?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 HeyKiel

HeyKiel

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 PM

Posted 21 December 2010 - 09:32 PM

Good morning everyone.

My name's Kiel and I work for a company that provides its clients with information on available events/gigs/opportunities for musicians, usually specific to our friends' location(s).

Up until the forced move to MySpace 3.0, we used to mail out to our friends, through friend categories (by area or country), at 60 friends at a time. Once the staff got used to it, and mastered the process of new windows/tabs/multi-MySpace'ing; doing it manually wasn't so bad and took about 2 hours to mail 14'000~ friends. Now though it seems, we cannot send to our friend categories, though they do exist.

I feel I need to express how much we are WANTED mail and not an annoyance or spam. Our friends add us by request, and we message them first asking what specifically they want.

We're wondering now, has anybody come across another way to send messages to all their friends, be they categorized or not? We thought of posting a fake-event now and then with the newsletter's contents in it, but it seems inviting all your friends to an event has also been disabled.

In case you're wondering, yes we do have an email newsletter but most of our clients prefer MySpace over email.

Looking forward to responses!

Kiel

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HeyKiel

HeyKiel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2010 - 09:13 PM

Bump! Come on guys :)

#3 HeyKiel

HeyKiel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2010 - 07:57 PM

Bump :(

#4 HeyKiel

HeyKiel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2010 - 08:25 PM

Even if someone tells me it's impossible!

#5 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 AM

Posted 29 December 2010 - 08:37 PM

I would think this is a question better asked of the Admin`s\Mod`s\What ever they are called at Facebook.

Personally I avoid social networking sites like the plague.

#6 HeyKiel

HeyKiel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2010 - 10:48 PM

Hi ThunderZ,

Thanks for the reply. We've asked and just been given generic, copy-pasted responses from MySpace, including the same responses simply repeated.

I don't think any of us personally love social networking, but it's great for our company and we want to keep giving our artists gig opportunities, so it's a job we inevitably don't mind doing, until now where it seems impossible.

We're hoping someone here will point out something we're doing wrong that is oh-so-simple and our problem be solved, hehe.

Kiel

#7 HeyKiel

HeyKiel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2011 - 09:17 PM

Bump!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users