Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cracked monitor, corner of my screen

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SGIM43

SGIM43

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:56 PM

Posted 21 December 2010 - 07:24 PM

Hi - I cracked my computer screen. I have windows Vista and a Gateway computer. Everythings fine but I can't see the bottom right of my screen where it's crack (its all black). This is where the time dispalys, which I can no longer see. Is there a way to change my default screen display size so it stops just short of the crack and not have a blacked out portion on the affective displayed screen? I tried playing with the resolution(Control Panel -> appearance and personalization -> Personalization -> Display Settings -> Advanced -> Intel Graphics Accelerator Media -> Graphics Properties -> Display Settings.) There I played with different screen resolutions and "aspect ration options", however my control on how I wanted it was still limited. I could either get the screen to where it do not chow the defective area, however the affective screen size was reduced too much and there were large boarders on either the top/bottom, sides, or both. So far its close when I change the resolution Screen Resolution from 1280 x 800 to 1280 x 768, however part of the time is still hidden by the defective area. I think a screen resolution of 1260 x 768 would work out well, but I am not given this much control and only have certain preset options to choose from. Any suggestions??

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,539 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:56 AM

Posted 21 December 2010 - 07:30 PM

If the task bar that is currently located on the bottom, where the time and open programs are displayed is your major issue? Why not move the task bar to the top of the screen or the one side that the crack isn't on?

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 SGIM43

SGIM43
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:56 PM

Posted 21 December 2010 - 07:48 PM

Yea I thought of that and put it in place but just couldn't do it. Preferrence really; the sides doent actually work out the same and the formatting is a little different, even if this weren't the case I really don't like the sides. I'm not too fond of the top either, however its better than the size. I'm sure it's just due to years have having it located on the bottom - I think I'd rather deal with seeing half the time then having it be on top. This isn't the biggest deal - I just wanted to see if there were other technical options, as I'm ok with playing with options to try to figure things out, but my overall knowledge with the computer is far from expert.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users