Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

On Computer And Heard..bee..bee..bee..

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Forg0t

Forg0t

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 PM

Posted 06 December 2005 - 03:16 AM

I was playing a computer gaming happily when suddenly,my game jammed.I restart computer and found out that i was unable to connect to the Internet.My brother's computer was unable to connect too.So I restart computer..When my computer was about to close,suddenly there is "Explorer.exe not responding" or whatsoever.There is 2 buttons "End Now" And "Cancel".I clicked cancel and my computer shut down and restart.Waited A few minutes,there was only a black screen and i kept hearing "Bee..Bee..Bee.." Continuesly(Forgot how to spell,sorry).I really don't know what happen to my computer..

I am currently using my brother's computer that's why i can post!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 PM

Posted 06 December 2005 - 04:30 AM

Here's a blurb on reseating your video card, while you are in the PC do the same thing with any other cards present and also reseat your RAM. When everything is plugged back in place, power up your system and see if you can boot.
  • Shutdown and switch off but do not remove the power cord.
  • Take off the cover.
  • Hold on to a metal part of the case now and as often as you can during the entire process.
  • Pull out the power cord.
  • Undo the screw holding the video card in place and unplug any cables going to the card.
  • Unplug the card by pulling firmly upward. There may be a latch at the back of the card, press down on this to help eject it.
  • If there is a lot of dust around use a can of compressed air to blow out the card slot.
  • If the edge connectors of the card look tarnished clean them lightly with a pencil erasor.
  • Firmly plug the card back in and secure it with the screw.
  • Put the case cover back on.
  • Check in the end of the monitor cable that there are no broken or bent pins (some pins are missing - that is normal).
  • Connect the monitor cable, turn the securing screws finger tight only, switch the monitor on and reboot.
If you still hear beeps when you try to restart go here to decode them (the link to BIOS beep codes is in the column on the right) :

Bios-Central

hth :thumbsup:

Edited by Rimmer, 06 December 2005 - 04:31 AM.

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#3 Forg0t

Forg0t
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2005 - 07:10 PM

Thanks for the reply but..

I didnt do the things you just said..Once my computer was off,i waited for a few minutes and on again..My Computer was back to normal but its loading was slower than last time..I looked at the Task Manager and scanned with HijackThis only a few processes!My Computer was loading as slow as that time i got Aurora Virus,which made my computer slow too!But now i got no Aurora,my Computer is still slow too..-.-

Edited by Forg0t, 06 December 2005 - 07:11 PM.

#4 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2005 - 08:51 PM

This could be an overheating problem -
Buy a can of compressed air from the supermarket, electronics store, etc.
Shutdown and power off, take the computer outside maybe, then open the case and use the compressed air to blow all the crud out of the CPU fans and heatsink (use a pencil to jam the fans because they can be damaged by overspinning in the air blast) Do the same for the power supply fan and the video card fan and heatsink if there is one.
Take the PC back inside and connect it up. Before replacing the cover power up the PC and check all the fans are spinning. If not they may need to be replaced.

Do NOT use air-compressor air for this as there is a problem with the high moisture content.

You can monitor your system temperatures using free tools such as Belarc:
Belarc Advisor

Edited by Rimmer, 06 December 2005 - 08:54 PM.

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#5 Lazarus Long

Lazarus Long

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 AM

Posted 07 December 2005 - 12:35 AM

:thumbsup:
If the beeping was constant and not in morse code, then most likely you have a failing fan. I have had this happen to power supply fans, system fans and proc fans. The easiest thing to check is to see if the fan (s) are running. Let the system cool for a few hours, then power on. If there is no beeping during the BIOS post, then it's not RAM, and I would look for a thermal fault (overheating).
If it's just a fan, then these are easy and cheap to replace. Stick a new one in, and you'll be off and running...

-Lazarus

#6 Forg0t

Forg0t
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2005 - 01:03 AM

Um..i am just a little kid..so cant do what Rimmer said..but,i downloaded Belarc and cant find where they said my system temperature..what is morse code..sorry,dont quite understand much of this computer things..my fan is still moving,can feel the air..Before i off my computer and let it rest,what is the meaning of Morse Code??

er also,what causes overheating and will it make my computer explode..??

Edited by Forg0t, 07 December 2005 - 01:04 AM.

#7 Lazarus Long

Lazarus Long

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2005 - 01:19 AM

The beeping is sometimes in a rhythm, "POST" (Power On Self Test) failure codes. Morse Code is three beeps to one letter such as: LONG, short, LONG... Depending on the make of your motherboard these post codes indicate different failures.

There may be more than one fan on your system; my systems each have two Case fans, one processor fan and one inside the power supply.

Rest easy that your computer will not explode, but it can overheat and burn whatever component is overheating. This will cost to find and fix.

The electricity running through the system gives off energy; this energy heats the different components to some degree. The one that gets the hottest is the processor since it is the one component doing the most "work" it is the one that gets the hottest... (That's really oversimplified, but you should get the idea.)

Have an expert work on it; it should be a fairly simple fix.

Good luck...
-Lazarus

#8 Forg0t

Forg0t
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2005 - 02:46 AM

Oh good..it is not morse code,den i go shut down my com and wait for a few hours.

Thanks for Helping!!Thank you!!

Edited by Forg0t, 07 December 2005 - 02:46 AM.

#9 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2005 - 02:53 AM

Well I can't find the temps in Belarc either! I just started recommending that because what I used to use (Everest) is no longer supported. Let's try another one - SpeedFan
- just don't mess with the clock settings. When Speedfan is installed it will put an icon on your desktop - just double click that and close the warning page. The first page will (after a moment) show you your system temperatures depending on the number of sensors your motherboard has. Some of them will be nonsense, just post them all back here.

#10 Forg0t

Forg0t
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2005 - 06:52 AM

Using my com forawhile..

Temp1:23CC
Temp2:22CC
Temp3:21CC
HDO:42C

Fan1:4219RPM
Fan2:0 RPM

ER!FAN2 0RPM?!?!WTF WHAT DOES IT MEANS?!MY COMPUTER SPOILT?

#11 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2005 - 07:19 AM

Hmmm... difficult to say. Those temps are good. Almost too good to be believable.
What processor and speed have you got?

Fan 1 - seems to be screaming away - but maybe that's it's designed speed.
Fan 2 - don't worry about that - you may not have a Fan2, or it may be a two-wire fan that has no sensor. No sensor = speed zero.

Re the cleaning with the air-can, its no big deal. There are no dangerous voltages inside a computer - except in the power supply (the metal box where the power cord plugs in). NEVER open the power supply. NEVER poke anything into it. Just leave it alone. If it has a problem, replace it. The rest of the PC is no danger whatsoever.
If you are still not confident about using the air-can to blow out the dust, can you get someone older to do it for you? It may be the cause of all the problems.

#12 Forg0t

Forg0t
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2005 - 10:15 PM

This could be an overheating problem -
Buy a can of compressed air from the supermarket, electronics store, etc.
Shutdown and power off, take the computer outside maybe, then open the case and use the compressed air to blow all the crud out of the CPU fans and heatsink (use a pencil to jam the fans because they can be damaged by overspinning in the air blast) Do the same for the power supply fan and the video card fan and heatsink if there is one.
Take the PC back inside and connect it up. Before replacing the cover power up the PC and check all the fans are spinning. If not they may need to be replaced.

Do NOT use air-compressor air for this as there is a problem with the high moisture content.

You can monitor your system temperatures using free tools such as Belarc:
Belarc Advisor

Ok..I gonna ask my father to help me do,but can i don't put outside?and also,can i don't buy can of compressed air?Can i make..??lol..

Edited by Forg0t, 07 December 2005 - 10:19 PM.

#13 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2005 - 11:43 PM

I think you can still get the version of Everest that has all the features at:

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/everest.html
or here:
http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html

The freeware version on lavalyss Everest page seems to have disappeared.

AIDA 32, The predecessor to Everest can be downloaded here:
http://www.majorgeeks.com/download181.html

#14 Forg0t

Forg0t
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2005 - 12:34 AM

Downloaded - Everest Home Edition , And Clicked Sensor..It Says..

Sensor Properties
Sensor Type VIA 686 Internal (ISA 6000h)

Temperatures
Motherboard - 23 C (73 F)
CPU - 24 C (75 F)
Aux - 22 C (72 F)
Seagate ST320410A - 44 C (111 F)

Cooling Fans
CPU - 4327 RPM

Voltage Values
CPU Core - 1.50 V
+2.5 V - 2.55 V
+3.3 V - 3.34 V
+5 V - 5.00 V
+12 V - 12.59 V
Debug Info F - 27 00
Debug Info T - 7E 83 80
Debug Info V - 7E D6 D2 CA D2

I think all temperatures etc. changes every minutes..And also,how to make Can Of Compressed Air?I want to try Rimmer's Method!

By the way,whats AIDA32 for?Everest is also a diagnostic and benchmarking program right?

Edited by Forg0t, 08 December 2005 - 12:40 AM.

#15 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 AM

Posted 08 December 2005 - 01:15 AM

Here is and alternate to Belarc and Everest

Fresh Diagnose (Diagnostic and system resource)
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users