Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Greetings!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Rat Diva

Rat Diva

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 PM

Posted 21 December 2010 - 01:41 PM

Hello all, this is Rat Diva (one of my college nicknames because I was the lucky one who got to clean out the cages of the lab rats every day. It was about as much fun as it sounds like.)

I haven't had much formal training in computers but I have learned a lot of my own. My first PC was a junky 8086 with 1MB ram and a whopping 256K hard drive inherited from my sister. It was great because it didn't matter what I did to it, so I learned DOS just by trying things. I remember when Windows first came on the scene and being fascinated... especially once I was able to scrape up enough money to buy a mouse since they didn't come standard back in the stone ages. I learned Windows by trial and error, mostly error, and have been with it through almost every version from 3.0 through Vista and have found something new to hate about it every time :P

Lately I've had to learn more than I ever wanted to about malware/hijackware detection and removal, starting with "Malware Defense" on my work PC this past January and a really annoying rootkit on my mother's laptop a few months ago. Wish I'd have known about this site a year ago :huh:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users