Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Interactive Services Detection

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 algeist

algeist

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:35 PM

Posted 21 December 2010 - 10:16 AM

Hello there! hoping someone here may be able to help me out.

Every time I log on to my computer, I get the 'Interactive Services Detection' box.
I click to View the Message and of course, get the blank screen with the message box. My box says:

'Printer not installed'
To access the fax application, you must install the printer. Please connect the printer to your computer with a USB cable and turn printer on.

So I click the button to shut the box and get another box pop up saying:

The program is no longer requesting attention. The message might have been one that required no action such as a quick status notification. Windows will notify you if the problem reappears.

It happens every time I turn my computer on, but very single time it tells me the program no longer needs attention. I can't get it to stop. When I start shut down of the computer, it always pops up that there is still a program running in the background and that I need to close it down or force the shut down. I'm wondering if the problems are linked. My daughter had accidently clicked the print button one day (we don't have a printer hooked to this computer) while using an online 'coloring book' and we canceled the print but the message has been popping up ever since. The printer icon is no longer in the notifications area so I thought we wouldn't have any problems. Is there some way that I can fix this? I hate the pop up every time I turn our computer on. Thank you so much to anyone who can be of service!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 PM

Posted 21 December 2010 - 10:55 AM

I don't know if this will work, but click on the control panel, then devices and printers. What device has the green check mark on it as 'default'? See if there is something "queued" in that device and delete it.

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2016
Member of UNITE, the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

Admin PC Pitstop

#3 algeist

algeist
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:35 PM

Posted 21 December 2010 - 07:19 PM

I went into the queued documents and there were a few so I went to Printer, then to Cancel All Documents.
The problem I have now is that there is one that has been trying to delete for 45 minutes now. I've backed out and tried to delete it again and it still just keeps trying to delete. I think that may be the one that's causing the problems.

#4 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,716 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2010 - 12:17 PM

See if you can delete it in safe mode. Disconnect any USB devices.

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2016
Member of UNITE, the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

Admin PC Pitstop

#5 TheAncient

TheAncient

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2010 - 12:38 PM

You might want to try googling "clear print queue windows 7" (without the quotes). There are quite a few posts on that topic.
One of them is at http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/4078/windows-7-how-to-clear-the-print-queue/ and basically suggests stopping the spooler,
flushing the Queue, and then re-starting the spooler. I have used this method in the past and it has worked for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users