Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Word 2007 to 2003

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 max7bg

max7bg

• Banned
  • 317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 PM

Posted 21 December 2010 - 07:52 AM

Hi,

Is there a way to convert document from word 2007 to word 2003 document
I wanted to print the document from 2007 on computer that have 2003 word , because I don't have the printer, and I cannot open the document
It shows some encryption!

Thx for any suggestions :)

Regards,
Max

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,572 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 PM

Posted 21 December 2010 - 05:20 PM

Do you have the Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint File Formats installed on the computer with 2003? If so it should work. However make sure you have the latest updates as required see the notes at the bottom of the page from the link.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 max7bg

max7bg
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 317 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2010 - 03:58 AM

Hi,

Thx for reply, but it wont work for me!
Computer I want to print from, doesn't have internet connection!
I'll try something... :)

Regards,
Max

#4 seg42

seg42

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 PM

Posted 22 December 2010 - 12:23 PM

You can download the compatability pack by itself and transfer it from another machine. Also, I thought there was a save as function that allowed you to save it in 2003 format. (May be wrong on this)

#5 max7bg

max7bg
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 317 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2010 - 12:44 PM

Thx for suggestion, I'll try it!

Regards,
Max

#6 MelissaPleases

MelissaPleases

• Members
  • 537 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 PM

Posted 30 December 2010 - 10:29 PM

Echoing seg42: There is an option in MS Word 2007 to Save As > Save as type > Word 97-2003 Document (.doc).

Snowden03.png

~   Notorious Thread Killer   ~
Case: CoolerMaster Storm Trooper Full ATX | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-Z170X | CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 8M Skylake Quad-Core | GPU: MSI Radeon R9 390X 8GB 512-Bit | PSU: EVGA 80 PLUS GOLD 850 W | RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 SDRAM [4x8GB] Audio: Integrated Creative Sound Core 3D 5.1 | Internal Storage: Samsung 2 TB HDD | Seagate 1 TB HDD | Samsung 500GB SSD [x2] | Mushkin 500GB SSD | External Storage: Seagate 2TB | Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS324 Dual Layer

Display 1: AOC I2757Fh 27" | Display 2 & 3: LG 24MP57HQ-P 24" | Operating Systems: OS 1: Windows 10 Professional | OS 2: Linux Mint Cinnamon | OS 3: Windows 7 Ultimate x-64 | Antivirus: MS Security Essentials | Firewall: Windows Firewall

#7 AdamV

AdamV

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 AM

Posted 04 February 2011 - 05:53 AM

If all you want to do is print it on the other machine then save as > pdf might be a good alternative rather than to an old version of Word, which might change layout (a little) or be unable to save more advanced content types.
Due to global warming, eskimos now have more than 20 words for water John O'Farrell

Professional geek, consultant and trainer.
MCT, MCSA, MMI, MBMSS, CWNA, COS (I like to have lettuce after my name)
My personal blog - Getting IT right

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users