Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need case suggestions...sorry but new thread starting from scratch

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 scottbryan724

scottbryan724

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 PM

Posted 21 December 2010 - 03:10 AM

if you seen my other threads im trying to build my first pc and right now im stuck on what case to get it seems i cant find the perfect one cause im always reading something bad about it

like alot of the coolermaster cases i keep reading about this grounding problem with the front panel that makes your pc reboot,other cases its a matter of size and air flow problems

so im going to give you my specs of what my pc will look like inside as of now im looking for suggestions on mid towers or full towers as many as you can give me that meet my requirements

i would prefer if the usb ports and the lights for activity and power were on the front panel not on top but at this point i will take anything but that is the preference..i need some thats cool with good air flow but relatively quiet doesnt have to be dead silence but not any weird noises light fan noise is alright..if the case has fans with led lights and they dont turn off please provide me also with good fans to replace whats in there that meet the quiet and cool requirement...one of the main things i liked about some of the coolermaster cases was the ease of putting in hard drives with the tool less design if i could get something like that that would be great

and the last thing in this case is with everything im putting in there now i would like the room for possible upgrades down the road whether it be drives...different video card or extra video card..or even a better cpu cooler since i will be using stock for now

sorry if sound nuts on this or any other post..im just anxious and nervous about doing this for the first time and want everything to go right and want as little issues as possible and things to last

my specs as of now im looking at is

ASUS DRW-24B1ST

ASUS VW224U Black 22" 2ms(GTG) Widescreen LCD Monitor

Western Digital Caviar Black WD6402AAEX 640GB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

XFX HD-567X-ZNF3 Radeon HD 5670 1GB 128-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 ...

CORSAIR XMS3 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model TR3X6G1333C7 G

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 1-Pack for System Builders - OEM

OCZ Vertex 2 OCZSSD2-2VTXE60G 2.5" 60GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

Intel Core i7-950 Bloomfield 3.06GHz LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor BX80601950

ASUS P6X58D-E LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Edited by scottbryan724, 21 December 2010 - 04:57 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,761 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:13 PM

Posted 21 December 2010 - 09:07 AM

Just keep in mind every case out there is going to have a negative somewhere-its just whether its enough of one to bother you or not, or something to work around. As far as the shorting out with the coolermaster cases-thats actually not a huge problem, and by that I mean very few have this problem, keep in mind most people don't leave reviews-something like 10% actually do, and a lot of those that do are the defective ones and they just write it cuz their mad. . . and the few that are defective you can RMA without a problem. Im running a CM 690 and love it to death, the only negative I can see about it is only one 3.5 inch bay adaptor, though I can get more of those, and the front panel feels like its going to break when I remove it, though it never has actually broken just makes me think it will. :D

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#3 rneufeld

rneufeld

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2010 - 11:42 AM

First of all if you haven't already built the computer or ordered the parts I wouldy highly suggest going with a EVGA motherboard. my Coolermaster Case actually has that grounding problem, I'm switching to Corsair Case, but its a full tower. Also Silverstone makes great cases I believe they just came out with a new mid tower that rotates the Motherboard 90 Degrees..I've built several High End systems with the Raven 2 case, and find that its superior over most other cases I've ever built with, granted though you will have to pay for it. The upside being it allows for upgrades and improvement for several years.

#4 scottbryan724

scottbryan724
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2010 - 08:10 PM

thanks for the replies so i found a few good ones still looking..but this one has caught my eye Corsair Graphite Series 600T..only things im unsure of with it is whats the max amount of fans that can be installed in the case..i believe 3 come with it..2 with white leds

considering how the case is built im not sure if these leds will bother me so can someone recommended fans to replace the led ones just incase that are quiet and cool and also if someone can find out whats the max amount of fans i can put in this thing is that would be great

#5 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,761 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2010 - 09:06 PM

isthis the case you are refering to? It looks like a single 120 mm fan and 2 200 mm fans, which should be more then adequate. You can find a non led 200 mm fan here

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

#6 scottbryan724

scottbryan724
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2010 - 09:29 PM

isthis the case you are refering to? It looks like a single 120 mm fan and 2 200 mm fans, which should be more then adequate. You can find a non led 200 mm fan here

yea that is it..i know thats how many it comes with but can i add more in the future if choose to so or change the bigger ones to smaller ones

#7 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,761 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2010 - 09:48 PM

heres the manufacturer product page. From the photos on that site, looks like the 2 fans it comes with are about it-You can probably jury rig smaller fans in there, but it wasnt designed for them, and I dont see slots for additional fans. Though, with a case that big I suspect it will cool just fine with the provided cooling, and 200 mm fans are fairly quiet due to the fact they move slower then smaller fans.

picard5.jpg

#8 scottbryan724

scottbryan724
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2010 - 07:34 PM

so this is what ive been looking into this batch not sure which one still would like opinions on these if you have an opinion on any of them..besides what im looking for in the case which i mentioned already

if i dont like the leds in alot of these it would have to be fairly simple to replace them..i read some cases some spots are almost impossible or very difficult to remove a fan and add new one

LIAN LI Lancool PC-K62
LIAN LI PC-P80
Antec Nine Hundred
Antec Twelve Hundred
Corsair Graphite Series 600T
NZXT TEMPEST EVO Crafted Series TEVO-001BK
Cooler master Haf x (love the way this case looks but as i already im iffy based of the static issue with coolermaster cases)

Edited by scottbryan724, 22 December 2010 - 07:36 PM.

#9 Chas46

Chas46

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2011 - 08:12 PM

Hello:
I have recently finished my first build, and really had a good experience with the build. The case I used was Zalman GT1000 ATX mid tower. Plenty of room and easily opened and closed. The case came with three cooling fans which were led lit, and look really good. My GPU was an Asus 5830 which was a snug fit! If you use a larger card than the 5830, you may have a problem.
The case is really sturdy and has a view panel on one side. Looks great!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users