Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

iaStor.sys BSOD

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ThtTrumpPlaya91

ThtTrumpPlaya91

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 PM

Posted 21 December 2010 - 12:45 AM

Today at 415pm EST I turned my computer on and get the Blue Screen of Death. It was saying something about iaStor.sys and all that jazz. Lovely me here, I never had this problem so I just restarted the computer thinking it will go away. I get to my login screen, put the password in and it says Please Wait and about 10 seconds later I get the Blue Screen again. Now I am getting frustrated and trust me, I go fierce when I get frustrated haha. I get my Windows Recovery CD's out and start doing Recovery. I have 3 disks total: Disk 1, Driver CD and Disk 2.

HOLD STORY! Should of said this: I have a Asus G51vx gaming laptop. When this problem occured I had Windows 7 64bit. Now when I did restore, I am back to Vista 64bit.

BACK TO STORY! At around 8pm, I can get to the welcome screen, login and can see the desktop and all, for about 15 seconds, then BOOM! Blue Screen again... So now I was a little frustrated, now I am beyond extreme, ready to throw it out a window haha.

Here is what I need to know: I CANNOT get into Safe Mode, Safe Mode with Networking. I CAN however get into Safe Mode with Command Prompt for about 3 minutes before I get the Blue Screen.

Currently I am on the Splashtop OS that Asus had installed on the computer. It's a bit laggy but hey, I got Skype and my internet still. And of course if I switch to the OS I will surely get the BSOD again. From searching on Google and Yahoo! for hours, It looks like you can do something with the iaStor.sys file, like delete it or something. I don't know.

SO MAIN QUESTION IS: A way to delete iaStor.sys WITHOUT being in the computer and no Safe Mode AND what in the heck could I do!

lol, thanks for reading (:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,614 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 PM

Posted 21 December 2010 - 01:07 AM

Whatever you do, leave iaStor.sys file alone.
It's a crucial hard drive controller file.
I'll report this topic to malware people.
Be patient.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 60,829 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 AM

Posted 22 December 2010 - 03:34 PM

Did you try to do a Windows Startup Repair?

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

#4 actarus777

actarus777

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 PM

Posted 16 April 2011 - 05:09 AM

Did you try to do a Windows Startup Repair?

I have the same problem, with an Asus K52J series notebook.
I tried the strartup repair 100 times, but no result. I also tried a recovery, but no result.
The only difference is that sometimes (I don't know why) I can start my notebook in safe mode (but with no network, otherwise blue screen!!!).
Any help please?
Thanks

#5 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,614 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 PM

Posted 16 April 2011 - 11:57 AM

@actarus777
You need to create your own topic...

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users