Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD: driver irql not less or equal

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 iamreallyme

iamreallyme

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 PM

Posted 21 December 2010 - 12:19 AM

Hello. My father gave me his old Compaq Evo N610c laptop (approx 5 years old) on December 8th. It hadn't been turned on in about a year so I booted it up, got it online and updated it. After all the updates were successfully installed, I restarted the laptop. I weeded out some basic info my dad didn't need any more (files, folders, etc). I didn't install/uninstall any programs/mess around with the hardware info, nothing of that nature. Just simple Microsoft updates and some “clean up".

Since December 8th, the laptop has been off until today. I brought it home to do some last minute stuff with it so I can give it to my daughter for xmas. When I turned it on this afternoon I got the blue screen of death. The only info I can get from the screen is: IRQL_not_less_or_equal. I've been hunting around online all evening on my desktop PC trying to get an answer so I can fix the problem. The laptop will only boot up in regular safe mode - it will not boot up in safe mode + networking so I am unable to get it online. I've done everything I know of in safe mode to try and find the problem. I got nowhere. I even did a system restore in safe mode back to December 8th before the first update took place. I am still getting the blue screen with the same IRQL error.

My biggest issue is: since I'm unable to get the laptop online, how to I get a program on it that will help detect/fix the problem? Any info would be much appreciated!!!!

Edited by iamreallyme, 21 December 2010 - 12:29 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users