Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google Search Results Redirected

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 00Samm

00Samm

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 PM

Posted 20 December 2010 - 10:55 PM

OS & Relevant Applications
Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3
Mozilla Firefox 3.6.13
Google Chrome 8.0.552.224

The problem
If I do a Google search, all the search results come up like normal, but when I go to click on them, I'm redirected to a different site like scour.com (there are a few more, but that's the one I can remember) intermittently.
I'm also getting errors on start-up regarding two dll files wespgr.dll and ujavozer.dll

History
This started happening after I contracted a System Tool 2011 virus yesterday, which was removed today (I thought, at least). To remove it, I used Temp File Cleaner by OldTimer and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.
Since then, I've run Malwarebytes more times than I can count, along with multiple Ad-Aware scans and an ESET scan with their online scanner. Only one scan found anything else, and that was one Malwarebytes scan, which found and removed a Rogue.systemtools file. All subsequent scans have turned up clean.

I've been battling this stupid thing all afternoon and I'm about to the point where I'm going to say screw it and just reformat, but I thought I'd take one last shot at wiping out whatever I've got. Any help would be more appreciated than I could ever express.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users