Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CDDVDW Drive Driver Missing

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 RetZoul

RetZoul

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 AM

Posted 20 December 2010 - 09:50 PM

Howdy folks, got a bit of a problem.

I'm working on my sisters computer,I don't have anything but a little netbook with a built in internet connection onit.

What I've got to do is get her CDDVD drive working.

It's Windows 7 desktop from Emachine, with WIndows Vista Service pack 1.

The Drive is a TSSTCorp CDDVDW TS-H652H ATA Device

Error code 39, driver is missing or corrupt.

Like I said,I don't have access to the net but with this netbook, running a few searches, I couldn't find the driver for the adapter at either emachine or the makers website.
I tried uninstalling the driver and rebooting the computer, to see if it would pickup the driver, but didn't work.
Found some link to fixes, but couldn't get them to work, seems like she needs Service pack 2 or later for those to run.

So, I'm hoping maybe some of you may be able to show me where I looked over something obvious to get it fixed. I'd download the service pack but i've got a limited amount of useage. I don't mind downloading a driver but service packs are stretching it.

Edited by RetZoul, 20 December 2010 - 09:58 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:23 AM

Posted 20 December 2010 - 10:19 PM

First, I would try going to the device manager (right click computer, properties, device manager will be top left) find the CD/DVD drive and see if its listed. Click update driver (will likely do nothing) if so, choose uninstall, then reinstall and see if that helps. If it doesn't, and you can find some way of getting it hooked up to the internet try this

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#3 RetZoul

RetZoul
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2010 - 10:26 PM

First, I would try going to the device manager (right click computer, properties, device manager will be top left) find the CD/DVD drive and see if its listed. Click update driver (will likely do nothing) if so, choose uninstall, then reinstall and see if that helps. If it doesn't, and you can find some way of getting it hooked up to the internet try this

Thanks, I already tried reinstalling it and it didn't pick up. The windows fix is the one I was referring to earlier, I was hoping it would run if i stored the set up file and transferred it over, unfortunately it didn't. Looks like it requires a later service pack.

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,738 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:23 AM

Posted 20 December 2010 - 11:12 PM

Optical drives don't need any extra drivers.

Error code 39, driver is missing or corrupt.

...is nothing but dumb Windows generic error message.

One of these may help:
1. Uninstall the drive through Device Manager.
Restart computer. The drive will be automatically reinstalled.
or...
2. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/982116
Restart computer.
or...
3. Download, and run Restore Missing CD Drive patch
Double click on cdgone.zip to unzip it.
Right click on cdgone.reg, click Merge.
Accept registry merge.
Restart computer.
or...
4. Go to Device Manager, click a "+" sign next to IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers.
You'll see two items:
- ATA Channel0 (or Primary Channel)
- ATA Channel1 (or Secondary Channel)
Right click on each of them, and click Uninstall. Confirm.
Restart Windows. They'll be automatically reinstalled.

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

#5 RetZoul

RetZoul
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2010 - 01:22 AM

3. Download, and run Restore Missing CD Drive patch
Double click on cdgone.zip to unzip it.
Right click on cdgone.reg, click Merge.
Accept registry merge.
Restart computer.

That did it, thank you very much.

#6 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,738 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:23 AM

Posted 21 December 2010 - 01:25 AM

You're very welcome Posted Image

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users