Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista will only boot in Safe Mode after using Dr. Web CureIt

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 mmmmmmcoffee

mmmmmmcoffee

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 PM

Posted 20 December 2010 - 02:38 PM

Hello All :) . I had a few viruses on my Dell Laptop running Windows Vista, so I installed and ran Dr. Web CureIt. Once the scan was finished and viruses deleted, The program told me to reboot my computer. Once I did this, my computer keeps restarting over and over unless I put it into Safe Mode. I have no idea how to start up my computer now in regular mode. I could really use some help. :(

Thank you,

Pam

Edited by hamluis, 21 December 2010 - 04:35 PM.
Merged posts, moved from MRL to AII ~ Hamluis

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,611 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:20 PM

Posted 20 December 2010 - 08:15 PM

With the information you have provided I believe you will need help from the malware removal team. I would like you to start a new thread and post a DDS log HERE and include a link to this thread. Please make sure that you read the information about getting started before you start your thread.

It would be helpful if you post a note here once you have completed the steps in the guide and have started your topic in malware removal. Good luck and be patient. Help is on the way!

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 mmmmmmcoffee

mmmmmmcoffee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2010 - 09:20 PM

Thanks, I'll do that right now. :)

#4 mmmmmmcoffee

mmmmmmcoffee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2010 - 09:36 PM

Hello, I'm hoping someone can help me. I was having a LOT of trouble on my Dell Laptop (Vista 32) with websites being redirected constantly! So on the advice of a friend, I installed and ran Dr Web CureIt. When I ran the quick scan, it found a few trojans and removed them. Then I ran the full scan (as recommended) and part-way through the scan (Honestly, I was watching it the whole time!), the computer just rebotted itself! When it came back on, I could not get on with regular mode. I can only log in using Safe Mode. I tried pressing F8 and running a Start up Repair, which found nothing wrong. I then did a System Restore to a previous check point, NO CHANGE! I'm thinking about doing a complete restore to the factory settings, but am hoping to avoid that. I'm at my wit's end! :crazy: Please help?

Thanks, Pam

EDIT: OP posted this in MRL, no logs attached ~ Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 21 December 2010 - 04:34 PM.

#5 mmmmmmcoffee

mmmmmmcoffee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2010 - 08:33 PM

Anyone? Hello?

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,740 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:20 PM

Posted 22 December 2010 - 09:19 PM

Hello,have you tried a System Restore to a date before you ran DrWeb?
Windows Vista System Restore Guide

If still no joy,see post 2.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#7 mmmmmmcoffee

mmmmmmcoffee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2010 - 09:29 AM

Thanks and sorry about that. I misread post 2. I did do a System Restore and now have attached the DDS log to the link from post 2.

thanks again for the help.

#8 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,938 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:20 PM

Posted 23 December 2010 - 10:33 AM

Your log is posted here.

Now that your log is posted, you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a Malware Response Team member, nor should you continue to ask for help elsewhere. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show it the log you already posted. Further, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion for the member assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process or make things worst which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.

From this point on the Malware Response Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.

Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response because the Malware Response Team members are very busy working logs posted before yours. They are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have posted your log and are waiting, please DO NOT "bump" your post or make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the Malware Response Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another Malware Response Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.

To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic until you are cleared by the Malware Response Team. If you still need assistance after your log has been reviewed and you have been cleared, please PM me or another moderator and we will re-open this topic.

Good luck with your log.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users