Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Powerpoint Viewer 2007 will not open/run

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Scallop

Scallop

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 PM

Posted 20 December 2010 - 03:53 PM

Hello,

I am home for the holidays and trying to help my folks troubleshoot their computer. Unfortunately their computer is running Windows Vista, which I am unfamiliar with and hardly used. I am more familiar with Windows XP and have been using Mac OSX the last 2 years.

Powerpoint Viewer 2007 (English) will not open/run when clicking on the program. Nothing opens up when clicking on .PPS and .PPT files either. My Dad claimed it was working fine up until a couple of days ago, when he ran Disk Cleanup. It could be just a coincidence, or it could be related somehow...I do not know.

When I uninstall and reinstall the program, the problem is not solved. .PPS and .PPT files are associated with Powerpoint Viewer 2007 when the program is installed. Strangely enough, I can not find the .exe file using the search tool. I believe the file name is either PowerPointViewer.exe, or pptview.exe. Nor can I find the file ppvwintl.dll, a file mentioned for troubleshooting this problem.

There are no error messages, and the computer does not have Microsoft Office installed. Installation seems be fine...well at least the program shows up in the add/remove programs, and messages saying the uninstall/installation was successful.

I am at a loss how to fix this problem.

One solution that I suggested would be to look into other programs (preferably free) that open .PPS and .PPT files.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Edited by hamluis, 20 December 2010 - 07:06 PM.
Moved from Vista to Business Applications ~ Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users