Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Converting jp2 images to jpeg

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 andynj

andynj

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 PM

Posted 20 December 2010 - 09:41 AM

Hello readers,

Someone emailed me eight images in jp2 format, which I can't open. Does anyone know of a safe, preferably free, conversion program that can be downloaded to convert these to jpeg? (I don't want to spend a lot of money for just 8 images).

Thanks,

AndyNJ

Edit: Moved topic from Photo Albums, Images, and Videos to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Martel

Martel

Drfixup Human Internet Solutions

• Members
  • 1,466 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:06 PM

Posted 20 December 2010 - 11:36 AM

Hi andynj,

Welcome to BC

I use and suggest FastStone they have a free download image viewer and a converter.

edit added link

Edited by Martel, 20 December 2010 - 11:37 AM.

#3 JosiahK

JosiahK

• Members
  • 269 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 PM

Posted 20 December 2010 - 06:42 PM

Wikipedia is always a good place to look to start searching.
https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/JPEG_2000#Application_support

Of those I recognize Gimp as being free, and though notoriously hard to learn, opening a file and saving it with a different extension is certainly easy enough.
Likewise Irfanviewis free, and thought of as many times simpler than Gimp (unless you have to start installing plug ins to get it to work).

Edited by JosiahK, 20 December 2010 - 06:45 PM.

Quod non mortiferum, fortiorem me facit.
I don't read minds. Please help everyone by answering any questions and reporting on the results of any instructions. Query any concerns and explain problems or complications.

#4 Doug E Fresh

Doug E Fresh

• Members
  • 224 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 PM

Posted 21 December 2010 - 12:08 PM

The software that comes with some digital cameras can also do this, which is a decent option if it's something that's already installed on your computer. Canon's DPP for example.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users