Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Multiple Processes Running

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 TripleInstance

TripleInstance

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 AM

Posted 20 December 2010 - 08:57 AM

I have 3 sometimes even 4 of the same processes running such as svchost.exe, iexplore.exe, ccsvchst.exe. They are eating up my memory and my computer is slow and crashes! I think its a virus or spyware.

I run windows xp, sp3. I have Norton 360 and no viruses are found.

The HJT file is attached.

Please help!!

Attached Files

Edited by TripleInstance, 20 December 2010 - 10:30 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 PM

Posted 21 December 2010 - 04:11 AM

Hi,

Multiple instances of svchost.exe and iexplore.exe are totally normal. If you would only have 1 instance of svchost.exe running (for example), you would have a lot of problems as svchost manages many services which are required to run Windows properly.
As for iexplore.exe, this is also normal. This was introduced since IE7. This is because of the IE Tabs feature and crash recovery.
ccsvchst.exe is a part of your Norton.
There's no malware present here, nothing strange/suspicious in your log. The "being slow" and crashes may be because of Norton, because Norton is known to cause this behavior on some systems. To troubleshoo, temporary uninstall Norton, then reboot and see if your Windows behaves better. You can always reinstall Norton again if that didn't solve the problem. If your Windows is behaving faster with Norton uninstalled, it's maybe time for another Antivirus alternative.
Also see here for slow computers: Help! My computer is slow!
AntispywareScanners---Antivirus Scanners---Firewalls---Online Scanners---Prevention---Help! My computer is slow---My Blog---Follow me on Twitter.
My help is ALWAYS FREE, but if you want to donate to help me continue my fight against malware -- click here!
Asking for help via Private Message or Mail will be ignored - So If you need help, post your problem in the forum.

#3 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 PM

Posted 04 January 2011 - 03:40 PM

Since there is no feedback anymore, I assume this issue is resolved ... so, this Topic is closed.
If you need this topic reopened for continuations of existing problems, please request this by sending me a PM with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
AntispywareScanners---Antivirus Scanners---Firewalls---Online Scanners---Prevention---Help! My computer is slow---My Blog---Follow me on Twitter.
My help is ALWAYS FREE, but if you want to donate to help me continue my fight against malware -- click here!
Asking for help via Private Message or Mail will be ignored - So If you need help, post your problem in the forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users