Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mouse behavior Weird

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 gendoikari87

gendoikari87

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 AM

Posted 20 December 2010 - 07:15 AM

Okay here's the basics, I logged on this morning and when I clicked on my internet browser my mouse (with the left mouse button acted as if I was clicking on the right button, HOWEVER after I system restored it now when I use the start menu (where the mouse works fine) clicking anywhere on any program just makes it gray out as if i had clicked on another program, and I am forced to use my keyboard alone as my only navigational tool. Also the scroll wheel is not working.

Edit: okay when i go to windows task manager and click on that a few times it goes back to semi-normal but I have to minimize and maximize the window now before anything will respond...... oh and my scroll wheel and my right click won't respond

Edited by gendoikari87, 20 December 2010 - 08:07 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,280 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 PM

Posted 20 December 2010 - 08:48 AM

What is the make and model of this mouse?

What is the make and model of this computer?

Is your clock keeping proper time?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 gendoikari87

gendoikari87
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2010 - 09:30 AM

What is the make and model of this mouse?

What is the make and model of this computer?

Is your clock keeping proper time?

The mouse is Windows Wireless mouse 700 but I've used another mouse and it's doing the same thing. The PC is a custom build Foxconn motherboard amd 64 x2 2800mhz speed dual core with a geforce gt240 graphics card in it. and yes the clock is keeping proper time.

Edited by gendoikari87, 20 December 2010 - 09:38 AM.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,280 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2010 - 09:35 AM

Have you looked in the Device Manager to see if there is a problem with the mouse driver?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 gendoikari87

gendoikari87
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2010 - 09:46 AM

Have you looked in the Device Manager to see if there is a problem with the mouse driver?

Yes there was no problem

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,280 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2010 - 09:53 AM

Have you run any scans for infections?

#7 gendoikari87

gendoikari87
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2010 - 10:09 AM

Have you run any scans for infections?

Yes all negative, is there anyway to redownload the driver and re install it in case it's been corrupted and is not being detected as such? it's just the basic Microsoft driver.

oh and outside of IE the left mouse button workds like the right mouse button and the right mouse button doesn't work.

Edited by gendoikari87, 20 December 2010 - 10:10 AM.

#8 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:37 PM

Posted 20 December 2010 - 08:56 PM

Hi -
As dc3 seems to be off line at the moment , just a quick basic question -
Have you been to Control Panel > Mouse and checked the settings for your mouse -

Thank You -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users