Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
(v1.50) and save it to your desktop.Download Link 1Download Link 2Malwarebytes' may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.
- Make sure you are connected to the Internet and double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
For instructions with screenshots, please refer to this Guide.
- When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- Malwarebytes will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.
- If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button and continue.
- If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.
Note: If Malwarebytes' encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally will prevent Malwarebytes' from removing all the malware.
- Under the Scanner tab, make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
- Click on the Scan button.
- When finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
- Click OK to close the message box, then click the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
- Make sure that everything is checked and then click Remove Selected.
- When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
- The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab.
- Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows the database version and your operating system.
- Exit Malwarebytes' when done.
-- Some types of malware will target Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and other security tools to keep them from running properly. If that's the case, please refer to the suggestions provided in For those having trouble running Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
as you may need to rename it or use RKill
Please download Norman Malware Cleaner
and save to your desktop.alternate download linkIf you previously used Norman, delete that version and download it again as the tool is frequently updated!
-- Note: If you need to scan a usb flash drives or other removable drives not listed, use the Add button to browse to the drives location, click on the drive to highlight and choose Ok.IMPORTANT NOTE
- Be sure to read all the information Norman provides on that same page.
- Double-click on Norman_Malware_Cleaner.exe to start. Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
The tool is very slow to load as it uses a special driver. This is normal so please be patient.
- Read the End User License Agreement and click the Accept button to open the scanning window.
- Click Start Scan to begin.
- In some cases Norman Malware Cleaner may require that you restart the computer to completely remove an infection. If prompted, reboot to ensure that all infections are removed.
- After the scan has finished, a log file a log file named NFix_date_time (i.e. NFix_2009-06-22_07-08-56.log) will be created on your desktop with the results.
- Copy and paste the contents of that file in your next reply.
: Anytime you encounter a malware infection on your computer, especially if that computer was used for online banking, has credit card information or other sensitive data on it, all passwords should be changed immediately
to include those used for banking, email, eBay, paypal and any online activities which require a username and password. You should consider them to be compromised
and change passwords from a clean computer as a precaution in case an attacker was able to steal your information when the computer was infected. Banking and credit card institutions should be notified immediately of the possible security breach. Failure to notify your financial institution and local law enforcement can result in refusal to reimburse funds
lost due to fraud or similar criminal activity. If using a router
, you also need to reset it with a strong logon/password before connecting again..
Consult these links to find out the default username and password for your router
, and write down that information so it is available when doing the reset:
These are general instructions for how to reset a router
For more specific information on your particular model, check the owner's manual. If you do not have a manual, look for one on the vendor's web site which you can download and keep for future reference.
- Unplug or turn off your DSL/cable modem.
- Locate the router's reset button.
- Press, and hold, the Reset button down for 30 seconds.
- Wait for the Power, WLAN and Internet light to turn on (On the router).
- Plug in or turn on your modem (if it is separate from the router).
- Open your web browser to see if you have an Internet connection.
- If you don't have an Internet connection you may need to restart your computer.