Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

redirect virus and disabled sound

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 10FTKill

10FTKill

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 AM

Posted 19 December 2010 - 11:58 PM

While I was away at college my parents' computer began acting up a lot. Clicking on links after a google search will redirect to a page for random antivirus programs. Our taskbar will change back to the "older" style and sometimes our sound will be disabled. At least once a day, a "Generic Host Process for win32 services" error will also pop up. I'm not sure if these problems are related or not. They have Windows XP Home Edition version 2002, SP3. Their antivirus program is AVG version 9.0.872. I tried scanning with Malwarebytes, SpyBot S&D, vundofix, and Stinger from McAfee and they weren't able to find anything. Also when I downloaded Stinger on their computer it wouldn't let me run it. I had to download it on my laptop and transfer it over to theirs. I downloaded a new luna theme file from Kellys-korner which temporarily fixed the taskbar issue but now it has changed again with windows xp style not available to choose as an appearance.
I am at my wits' end on what to do next. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 10FTKill

10FTKill
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 AM

Posted 28 December 2010 - 01:51 PM

My parents decided to take their computer somewhere to be fixed so this topic can be closed. Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users