Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Your Views on BitDefender

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jtgoose

jtgoose

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:37 AM

Posted 19 December 2010 - 08:56 PM

Hello Forum,

This is my first post here, I have used the site countless times to figure out hot to remove various viruses and malicious software my family and friends seem to get their computers infected with. I want to suggest to them a good overall protection package since AVG and Malwarbytes does not seem to be enough to keep my friends and family safe enough. I tried the free trail of BitDefender once and didn't have any complaints but want to get others opinions. I want to feel comfortable suggesting a protection package if they are going to drop money on it. So tell me forum what are your feelings on BitDefender?

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 trashcan7

trashcan7

• Members
  • 402 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2010 - 10:21 PM

In my opinion, free software is almost as good as the ones you have to pay for.

Keep in mind that no one program will be able to block 100% of viruses and malware. But even then, if malware gets in consistently even with AVG and Malwarebytes running real-time (I hope you haven't turned the real-time protection off), then perhaps they should change some of their browsing habits to reduce the risk.

Sorry if this post is not related to BitDefender.

#3 jtgoose

jtgoose
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2010 - 10:25 PM

I have always been of the mind set as well to run a few different free protection programs and have been safe myself. I am not sure what my friends and family are doing so I figured I'd suggest and retail protection program.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users