Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

absolutly no start up... blank screen

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 derek0602

derek0602

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:33 AM

Posted 19 December 2010 - 08:42 PM

hello, need some help with this because i have never ran across this problem before.

i have a compaq presario running windows vista, believe its 32 bit

when i power on the PC it has the first little loading screen with the compaq logo on it then it just goes to a blank black screen with a cursor blinking in the top left hand side of the screen... and thats all it does...

from what i was told the owners wife was playing some game (a normal windows game) and all of a sudden the computer just shut down they pressed the power button to turn it back on and nothing happens.

i have taken the drive out and put it into another computer and scanned it for viruses and it found a trogen and removed it, but the problem still persists.

i also have the "Ultimate Boot up CD for Windows" and loaded it up and ran a disk check and it ran its course and "fixed errors and checked all files for errors" so i tried to restart and see if windows will load up but still nothing happens. I believe it has something to do with the boot-up drivers being corrupt or even problems with the registry but i am having trouble figuring out how to solve this problem without having to do the last resort and reformat the drive.

any help would be much appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,241 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:33 AM

Posted 19 December 2010 - 10:34 PM

Take a look, http://search.hp.com/query.html?cc=us&lang=en&charset=utf-8&qt=blinking+cursor%2C+black+screen&la=en .

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users