Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win32 Error

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Bearwatcher50

Bearwatcher50

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 AM

Posted 19 December 2010 - 06:31 PM

Occasionally, after getting this message, when on line, I begin to get replicating Internet Explorer pages apearing.

Alss,in recent days my Webroot antivirus software has been notify me of it stoping many attempts to access my pc by various spywares.
I have run Norton 360 and Webroot scans in their most complete mode, cleaned up what was there some days ago, but this continues. Ideas???

Edited by hamluis, 19 December 2010 - 10:18 PM.
Moved from XP to Am I Infected ~ Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 PM

Posted 19 December 2010 - 08:01 PM

Hi Bearwatcher50 -
Do you mean you have Norton 360 Antivirus and Webroot Antivirus both installed at the same time -
If so there is half of your problem to begin with - The Webroot will find your Norton program and call it an infection also -
You can not run both of these programs together - Please first remove the Norton , then rescan with the Webroot program -
You should run a program like Malwarebytes or SUPERAntiSpyware with your Webroot , but not another antivirus -
Considering it is Webroot I would prefer SUPERAntiSpyware as my first choice as Malwarebytes is known to not like Webroot A/Virus - Link to Superantispyware Free

Thank You -
EDIT -
I would also run a sfc /scannow check - If you have your XP CD keep it handy as the check may ask for it -
Type scf /scannow into your Run box and click OK - Let the program run (you can insert your XP CD if you have one) and it will check your system files for problems -
Note the gap between the f and /

Edited by noknojon, 19 December 2010 - 08:16 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users