Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP laptop runs great when i boot, but then it SUCKS!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Brockishh

Brockishh

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 PM

Posted 19 December 2010 - 05:58 PM

Hey, my HP laptop has 3GB of RAM and a core 2 duo. I have done a clean install of windows 7 twice. I turn it on and it works great. Then after a while, the hard drive light goes solid, and i dont hear any clicking. It runs extremely slow! It takes forever to shutdown, but when i reboot it it turns on great then does the same thing. Please help, Brock.
It is a HP DV6000
Laptop
HP G60
Operating System
Windows 7 Ultimate
CPU
AMD Athlon X2 QL-62 2.00 GHz
Video
NVIDIA GeForce 8200M G 128MB
Ram
3GB Ram
Programs
Adobe Photoshop CS4
Adobe Lightroom 3
Cyberlink Powerdirector 8
--
Brockishh

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:12 PM

Posted 19 December 2010 - 07:34 PM

Are all your drivers updated? How many programs do you have running in the background?

Edit ... the Motherboard on that model was recalled :o See this Google page http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&hl=en&site=&source=hp&q=hp+dv6000+motherboard+recall&aq=1&aqi=g10&aql=&oq=+HP+DV6000+motherboard&gs_rfai=&psj=1&fp=c341562a61b59af3

Edited by Jacee, 19 December 2010 - 07:39 PM.

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2016
Member of UNITE, the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

Admin PC Pitstop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users