Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

desktop time and year problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 eagel

eagel

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:02 AM

Posted 19 December 2010 - 05:46 PM

I installed windows vista home pre but my time keeps on changing to 1601 or different years and am or pm. Changed battery(comos). Its new mother board Msi and new HD. I had some thing in pc thats why changed these things but after installing windows over and over still same problem also coudn't install any anti virus program.formated hd many time. Bios time is right and did changed the time in bios after changing the battery. problem still there. Thankful for respons in advance.

Edited by eagel, 20 December 2010 - 10:09 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:02 AM

Posted 19 December 2010 - 06:33 PM

Did you put a new CMOS battery in? "Changed" means you put another one in, not necessarily a new one.

After installing the battery...you must go into the BIOS/Setup...set the correct date/time...and save the changes made.

I've found that...if the dates are changed (erroneously) on new files installed, it can (among other things) prevent Windows from booting. Files get their dates from the system/CMOS clock.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users