Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

can bootable cd be burnt from desktop to install os in laptop

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 vinniedelgado

vinniedelgado

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 AM

Posted 19 December 2010 - 05:43 PM

i think i erased os in daughters hp g60 laptop which had windows 7 trying to copy system image from desktop hp touchsmart with win 7 to reinstall on laptop can this be done?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Zuhl3156

Zuhl3156

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:14 AM

Posted 19 December 2010 - 05:55 PM

As long as the bit version is the same, you can burn a copy of any Windows 7 installation disk and use it (the disk is not copy protected, the license number is) as long as you use the activation code for the laptop, the proper version will be installed. Remember, you must use the correct bit version. 32-bit or 64-bit.

#3 vinniedelgado

vinniedelgado
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 AM

Posted 19 December 2010 - 08:31 PM

yea but how do i do this it was preloaaded on both

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,696 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:14 AM

Posted 19 December 2010 - 10:00 PM

Never tried anything like that, but I'd imagine, it could POSSIBLY work only on identical models.
Since yours are different, I don't think so....

Your HP computer may have recovery partition and also, when you bought it, ii should have included some recovery DVDs.
In some cases, there is a program on a computer, which will let you create recovery DVDs, but I assume, you can't boot at all at the moment?
You can also order recovery DVDs from HP.
When I bought my HP laptop, recovery disks creator program didn't work, so I called HP and they sent me DVDs for free.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users