Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HELP - System Freezes and I have no clue why!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 WarpedGraPe

WarpedGraPe

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:18 PM

Posted 19 December 2010 - 11:39 AM

Hi, i have been trying to diagnose why my computer randomly freezes. Usually in flash or games. When it freezes you cant even alt/ctrl/del. There is nothing in the event log to say there was a problem. Ive just about replaced everything you could imagine on the system and cant work it out. Here is what i have: CPU - i7 930 MB - ASUS Rampage 2 Extreme MEM - 6 gig Patriot Triple Channel 1600 MHz or 6 gig Geil Triple Channel 2000MHz (Tried both and both together too!) OS - Win 7 64 Bit or Win 7 32 Bit (Tried Both!) HD - 64gig SSD or 500 gig Sata 2 (Tried Both!) PSU - 875w Thermaltake Tough Power (Have 2 of these and tried both!) Graphics - HD4870 or GTX 260 (Tried both!) CPU Cooler - Noctua D14 or Corsair H50 (Tried Both!) The only thing i havent replaced is the motherboard and the CPU. My last theory is its the hard drive possibly paging file but after installing a fresh copy of windows and COD Black ops, it still did it. It only does it nowadays on COD:Black Ops or http://www.wgt.com/ (Online GolF Game) I play AvP, CS:Source etc and there is no issues. Its been a year of ending trying and trying and im almost ready to throw the Motherboard and CPU and buy another one. You guys are my last chance! Please Help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:18 AM

Posted 19 December 2010 - 11:23 PM

It only does this when you are playing COD: black ops?

I am wondering if there is a possible bug in one of your system files that is associated only with this game.

I know debugging a game can be a tedious task, been there many times myself. But you can try debugging the game, there are instructions on gaming web sites on how to run a debugger and how to iron out the bugs.

Have you tried un-installing the game and all its associated system files and tried re-installing it again?

I seen only one game listed in your post, so I am assuming this game is the ONLY ONE you are presently having issues with?

Bruce.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#3 WarpedGraPe

WarpedGraPe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2010 - 06:19 AM

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for your reply and I will try that.

It also crashes on flash sites.

This one in particular that I know does it all the time.

www.wgt.com

I played it all the time on an AMD setup and as soon as i built this machine it crashed all the time.

Its got me pulling me and my mates hair out. Id call myself intermediate-advanced in knowledge.
Built over 50 machines now and this is the first that has ever caused me headaches i cant fix.

#4 WarpedGraPe

WarpedGraPe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2010 - 08:49 AM

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh just played fine for 2.5 hours then froze again!

#5 rossout

rossout

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 PM

Posted 20 December 2010 - 08:10 PM

Hi ive come across this problem a few times even testing ram and gpu ram or cpu it still froze, take your side of your computer and have a close look at the capacitors around the cpu ( the tall cylindrycal componants) they will have something like 650 uf 6.3v 105c on them or some other values, its better to take the board out so you can have a look underneath them as well, if any of them are bulging or leaking fluid this is the problem, its easy to replace these capacitors with a good soldering iron and doesnt cost an arm and a leg.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users