In W7, how long is the DNS Cache pre-programmed to be cleared ?
Text below was copied from here
and what does is do ?
A better Win7/Vista workaround would be to add two Registry entries to control the amount of time the DNS cache is saved.
* Flush the existing DNS cache (see above)
* Start > Run (type) regedit
* Navigate to the following location:
* Click Edit > New > DWORD Value (type) MaxCacheTtl
* Click Edit > New > DWORD Value (type) MaxNegativeCacheTtl
* Next right-click on the MaxCacheTtl entry (right pane) and select: Modify and change the value to 1
* The MaxNegativeCacheTtl entry should already have a value of 0 (leave it that way - see screenshot)
* Close Regedit and reboot ...