Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Virtual PC?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 TechlessOS_3211

TechlessOS_3211

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 AM

Posted 18 December 2010 - 11:24 PM

I'm really not sure which forum to put this in :huh:

But, the just of it is, I have some programs, particularly a game (Star Wars: Rebel Assault. I've tried DOSbox, but couldn't get it running) that I'd like to run that don't run even in Windows 2k. Now, I only have Windows Vista Home Premium...so Windows Virtual PC isn't supported.

Do you think this will work out? Or should I look into some different virtualization software? I don't think a DOS game would be very difficult to handle, but you never know... Also, I've already looked into VirtualBox, and it doesn't support Windows 98, so if not Windows Virtual PC, what freeware should I use?

Any suggestions/comments are appreciated! Thanks~

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 snemelk

snemelk

inżynier

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,468 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 PM

Posted 19 December 2010 - 07:38 AM

Also, I've already looked into VirtualBox, and it doesn't support Windows 98

As far as I can remember, VirtualBox doesn't officially support it, but it does not mean you won't be able to install and use that system with VirtualBox...
A month ago or so I successfully installed Windows 95 with VirtualBox - it works...

Because of the fact these systems are not supported, they may not be stable in virtualized environment, and you may be required to do some tweaks before being able to use them... Should be enough information on this on web...
Posted Image
snemelk.hekko.pl - my site with a few computer security tips...
Silesia - that's where I live!

"If I had some duct tape, I could fix that." - MacGyver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users