Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Ps2's Given Up

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 conk

conk

• Members
  • 295 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 PM

Posted 05 December 2005 - 03:27 PM

my ps2 has finally given up, it wont load disks properly and freezes and the fmv sequences are always out of sync i have tried alot of games and they are all the same, i have tried standing the ps2 up and lying it down, i have cleaned it out and moving it away into an open area for better circulation but its still the same. any ideas on how to get it to work because i have brought 5 new games recently and now i cant play any of them and i cant really afford to buy another ps2 for a while.
If the universe is ever expanding, what are we expanding into?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 PM

Posted 05 December 2005 - 04:42 PM

Well, um......... that sucks......

My ps2 died about a year ago, and i picked up a new slimline.

#3 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2005 - 04:55 PM

wow, that really sucks.

I hope mine doesn't die until I get a ps3, its a few years old.

ew, I don't know what else you can do about it other than grabbing a new one. I'd guess it would be time to shoot it and put it out of its misery, then buy a new one.

#4 conk

conk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 295 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2005 - 05:25 PM

yeah i figured as much to be honest just hopin i didnt have to spend anymore cash (im kind of spent) oh well at east i get a nice new shiny slimline one lol.

#5 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2005 - 09:56 PM

and with its better design, should run a little better too.

Is your ps2 like mine? Covered with dust? lol, i'm suprised mine hasn't gone on strike yet.

#6 micaman

micaman

• Members
  • 127 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 PM

Posted 06 December 2005 - 05:43 AM

It's really a sign from above to switch from the PS2, over to the XBOX 360! :thumbsup:

Really though, I have the PS2 slimline and it is pretty cool, but this "Rootkit Issue" has me stirred up against PHONYSONY!! :flowers:

#7 conk

conk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 295 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2005 - 11:56 AM

im gonna be gettin an xbox 360 anyway and i already have an xbox but i have loads of games for my ps2 that i want still. i might try a local shop that does repairs.

also my ps2 is covered in dust lol but it worked almost fine until now, it used to have some trouble when i 1st inserted a disk but after it loaded it was fine. and then it just gave up. (ah well) :thumbsup:

#8 welco

welco

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:53 PM

Posted 08 December 2005 - 05:17 PM

Well since you've already gone against the terms of your warranty you can't use that so I guess you're kind of screwed. To me it sounds like the laser that reads the discs is messed up or something.
AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Venice
1GB GeIL Value Memory Looking for something better...
EPoX EP-9NPAJ
Hitachi 7K80
Jaton 6600GT
400W HiPRO

#9 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2005 - 08:51 PM

Search the web for PS2 repairs. I found one a couple of years ago that told me how to fix a disk read error by opening up the console and cleaning stuff out. It worked for more than a year - and then we had to do it again (then my hard drive crashed and I lost the link).
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#10 Grid

Grid

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:53 AM

Posted 10 December 2005 - 04:34 AM

my ps2 has finally given up, it wont load disks properly and freezes and the fmv sequences are always out of sync i have tried alot of games and they are all the same, i have tried standing the ps2 up and lying it down, i have cleaned it out and moving it away into an open area for better circulation but its still the same. any ideas on how to get it to work because i have brought 5 new games recently and now i cant play any of them and i cant really afford to buy another ps2 for a while.

My system kicked over about a year and a half back myself. Do you know about the PS2 class action law-suit that's underway? If you have one of the specific models that are listed in the lawsuit you get to join in on the law suit and get a new system or a refund perhaps. The trick is though, you have to have the receipt for the system you purchased or got as a gift. I'm out of luck because mine is long gone and I sold the broken system to a guy who knew how to fix them.

#11 conk

conk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 295 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2005 - 05:53 PM

well mine was the 1st one to ever be released in the uk so thats a long time ago now and no i dont have the reciept i couldnt see the point when the warranty ran out :thumbsup:

i made the same mistake when i had my xbox i could have had some free games if i kept the reciept but i never had it :flowers: .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users