Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Two Issues

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 josephbus1

josephbus1

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:38 AM

Posted 18 December 2010 - 02:27 PM

MoHi, JosephBus1 Here...
I'm an oldie - started @ Bell Labs, where things like e-mail, Unix, etc. were developed, circa 1960s...
But Goodie - Gone away for awhile, but back as a user only...
Having challenges with using XP Pro as my "workhorse" until OpenSource stuff matures a little more...so...

Currently Have a desktop w/ 2 HDDs, 1 4 XP, other 4 Ubuntu (Linux)...

Current challenge is to do a dual boot on laptop that had Vista...which I dumped...
[Love Bill Gates (a good guy) but Microsoft is too greedy...]...

My need is to slipstream an XP CD/DVD for the HP Laptop & its drivers, don't know how to do that...

My Desktop is currently dual-boot with XP & Linux.

Also I recently bought a Logitech G110 Keyboard so that I could use keys for all those
logins, passwords (required a LOT in Linux). The G110 works OK in XP, but getting it to
work in Linux is a challenge...

'Nuff about me 4 now...& thx in advance 4 any help I can get on that...Joseph

Edited by hamluis, 18 December 2010 - 10:09 PM.
Moved from Introductions BC Experience topic to XP ~ Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,745 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:38 AM

Posted 18 December 2010 - 10:17 PM

Hi :).

I moved your post to the XP forum from Introductions. Members are urged not to post issues in that forum, since they may not be viewed by those who might answer them.

Since you have an HP laptop, it is unlikely that you will be able to slipstream an XP install CD from the media which came with it, AFAIK. But my knowledge of HP systems is limited.

What model (e.g., Presario 1234, etc.) is this laptop?

Louis

#3 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• Members
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:38 AM

Posted 19 December 2010 - 11:45 AM

As long as the CD you are trying to use is a Windows install disk and not a restore disk you can slipstream services pack and microsoft updates into it. However I prefer to use Nlite as my method for slipstreaming. One because it is easier than using the command line slipstream method. Two because it allows you to add in all of the service packs, updates, plus any drivers you want in one easy set and then creates a .iso so you can burn the bootable disk from an image.

Not much on Linux but here is a link I found which might have some promise???
http://www.g15tools.com/node/193
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

#4 josephbus1

josephbus1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:38 AM

Posted 19 December 2010 - 03:03 PM

Hi Louis, Thx 4 moving my post...My Laptop is HP Pavilion, dv7, Model# dv7t-2000.

I'm hoping (as there are some sites that state this can be done but I have not yet tried)
I can create an XP Pro CD with the proper Laptop drivers...

====================================================
Hi Baltboy, Thx 4 Ur Msg, & suggestions.

Yes, I intend to give both Nlite & g15tools a try...

It will take some time, but I'll report any successes...Joseph

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users