Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Curious about Ccleaner "FREE" download

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Snoozemel

Snoozemel

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 PM

Posted 18 December 2010 - 08:34 PM

Hey all. I've never done this before, so please bear with me.

Ok, so someone suggested that I download Ccleaner for my computer, that it's awesome etc. So I went online, found the FREE download, went through all the steps, it told me I had some 1800 issues which I of course asked it to take care of. I figured it would take quite some time.

A few seconds later, this screen pops up, tells me that it has fixed 10, yes, count em', 10 of the problems, but if I want to get the rest fixed I have to register, which of course is going to cost me a mere $40, because it's on sale right now.

Is that normal? I mean, if everyone has to pay $40 and it's a good program etc, then no problem. But if I'm being taken advantage of...well, let's just say I'd like to avoid that if at all possible. My name may be Snoozemel, but that don't mean I'm sleepin', ya know what I mean? =D

Ok, short story long, is it normal to be charged $40 to download the FREE Ccleaner?
HELP!!
=D

Edited by hamluis, 18 December 2010 - 08:40 PM.
Moved from XP to All Other Applications ~ Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 PM

Posted 18 December 2010 - 08:52 PM

That does not sound like the right CCleaner.

Can you provide the link you downloaded it from?

This is the real FREE CCleaner.

Also BC strongly advises against the use of any registry cleaner.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:22 PM

Posted 19 December 2010 - 12:34 AM

Ccleaner has some useful applications, but the registry cleaner is the one that ThunderZ is referring to. Due to the number of members that have damaged their registry using cleaners of this type we do not endorse the use of them. The results of registry cleaners is highly over rated. More importantly, if these are applied incorrectly they can cause damage to the registry which can result in turning the computer into a door stop.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users