Are you the original owner of this PC? as that application had to be installed by someone with access to the PC or by the original owner.
If you do any banking or other financial transactions on the PC or if it should contain any other sensitive information, please get to a known clean computer and change all passwords where applicable, and it would be wise to contact those same financial institutions to apprise them of your situation.
Do Not enetr them again on this PC.
Programs designed to monitor user activity. They may be used with or without consent. Because it is sold commercially, many anti-virus vendors do not detect them. The most common form of a commercial monitoring tool comes in the form of a keystroke logger, which intercepts keystrokes from the keyboard and records them in a log. This can then be sent to whoever installed the software, or keylogger, onto the machine. Some Commercial Monitoring Software may take screenshots or video and send the information to an outbound connection.
Comment From their Website:
"Winvestigator? is a user monitoring program that starts on boot, and runs undetectable in Windows. It even takes pictures so you can really see what is going on! Although powerful, this program was designed to be easy to use. Offering a web page style interface and a thorough help resource.
Winvestigator can send the log over email so you can monitor a computer without having to physically access it."
Site link: Winvestigator
Please run an Online scan and see if it is found.
Please perform a scan with Eset Online Antiivirus Scanner
.This scan requires Internet Explorer to work. Vista/Windows 7 users need to run Internet Explorer as Administrator.
To do this, right-click on the IE icon in the Start Menu or Quick Launch Bar on the Taskbar and select Run As Administrator from the context menu.
- Click the green button.
- Read the End User License Agreement and check the box:
- Check .
- Click the button.
- Accept any security warnings from your browser.
- Check Remove found threats and Scan potentially unwanted applications. (If given the option, choose "Quarantine" instead of delete.)
- Click the Start button.
- ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer.
- If offered the option to get information or buy software at any point, just close the window.
- The scan will take a while so be patient and do NOT use the computer while the scan is running. Keep all other programs and windows closed.
- When the scan completes, push
- Push , and save the file to your desktop as ESETScan.txt.
- Push the button, then Finish.
- Copy and paste the contents of ESETScan.txt in your next reply.
Note: A log.txt
file will also be created and automatically saved in the C:\Program Files\EsetOnlineScanner\ folder.
If you did not save the ESETScan log, click
, then type or copy and paste everything in the code box below into the Open dialogue box:
-- Some online scanners will detect existing anti-virus software and refuse to cooperate. You may have to disable the real-time protection components of your existing anti-virus and try running the scan again. If you do this, remember to turn them back on after you are finished.NOTE: In some instances if no malware is found there will be no log produced.
- Click Ok and the scan results will open in Notepad.
- Copy and paste the contents of log.txt in your next reply.
Edited by boopme, 18 December 2010 - 10:40 PM.