Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Why My Pc Games Will Auto Minimize When I Am Playing Them

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Chrisboey

Chrisboey

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 AM

Posted 05 December 2005 - 02:41 PM

Hi guys! I realli appreciate if u all can help me. I dont know why my pc games will auto minimize when i am playing them halfway.It seems that there is a pop up program everytime when they minimize but is blocked by the norton secruity. I cannot see what it is as it just disappeared straight away.Wonder is it a spyware or virus?Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 conk

conk

• Members
  • 295 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 PM

Posted 05 December 2005 - 03:21 PM

try running a virus and adware scan that should find it if it is a program doing it.
If the universe is ever expanding, what are we expanding into?

#3 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 PM

Posted 05 December 2005 - 04:57 PM

also, what kind of pop ups are they? Cause I know there were message ones from AIM or something like that. I had to go somewhere and disable those kinds of messages from coming up. Or, just like internet popups that you'd get from going on websites?

Edited by Wizdabest, 05 December 2005 - 04:57 PM.

#4 Chrisboey

Chrisboey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 AM

Posted 06 December 2005 - 12:37 AM

try running a virus and adware scan that should find it if it is a program doing it.

I tried all sort of scanners, but just couldnt solve or find the thing. I couldnt see the pop up as it about to appear, it will be blocked by my norton security.Not really sure it is a pop up.Cos everytime when the game minimize, there always a program going to run at the task bar.But, it just appeared and went away by itself.Maybe blocked by my norton security.Help!!It is really very irritating. :thumbsup:

#5 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 PM

Posted 09 December 2005 - 03:32 PM

Any program that is delivering a message can cause this. It doesn't need to actually pop up a message on the screen, it is enough that a message is delivered within the program and the program is running, even if it is minimized or running in the tray or completely in the background. This includes anything that auto-updates, everything from the java plug-in to your anti-virus. Any kind of messaging or chatting program can also cause the minimization. It can also be windows trying to tell you something more or less interesting or your firewall that is reporting something. There are also gazillion malwares that could cause this. You can always try to run you anti-virus and anti-spyware programs from safe mode to see if it would help you find it.
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users