Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't start Toshiba satellite laptop

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 brad_in_va

brad_in_va

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:19 AM

Posted 18 December 2010 - 04:58 PM

I have a Toshiba Satellite A665 laptop with PGP Encryption running Windows 7.

While using today it suddenly gave a blue screen of death and shut down. It refused to restart properly. When I restart it is does different things and it seems random.

1. Sometimes it goes to the PGP screen and then does one of the following:
a. won't let me type
b. refuses to accept my password
c. accepts the password and gets stuck on identification verification
d. accepts the password and then freezes on a black screen.

2. Sometimes it goes to a BIOS setup.

3. Sometimes it says "boot failed" and gets stuck. Sometimes it goes to the PGP screen (but messed up)

4. Sometimes it asks what to boot from (HDD, CD/DVD etc). I choose HDD and it goes around in a circle again.

ONE time it gave the option of Safe Mode and I wish to God I had chosen it and done a system restore. But alas it won't work.

Any help?!?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 brad_in_va

brad_in_va
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:19 AM

Posted 18 December 2010 - 05:01 PM

I should also mention that I saw on a forum where someone with a similar problem found that their hard drive had simply come loose. I opened it up and the hard drive indeed was loose, but I plugged it back in with the same problem continuing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users