Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

antivirus scan

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 CuriouslyEdd

CuriouslyEdd

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 AM

Posted 18 December 2010 - 03:59 PM

Hi, there
Yesterday my dad asked me to take a look at the computer because for some reason it wasn't working and so i did, but the problem is a lot worse than i originally thought. Theres a program on the computer that doesnt let you use the internet, open task manager, or open almost any kind of program whatsoever. This program is called antivirus scan and whenever you try to do almost anything it sends up messages saying that your computer is infected and whatever file you just tried to open is infected as well and it sends you to http://afantispy.com/shop to buy the program, i've tried every way i could think of (which isnt very many) but i cant do a thing, in order to post on this site i have to use a different computer. Please help if you can.
Thank You

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ffltstn

ffltstn

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 AM

Posted 19 December 2010 - 11:33 PM

My wife's computer has this too. I can not start in safe mode, all I get is a black screen with "safe mode" in each corner. Everything I try and open is blocked, regedit, delete temp file, etc. Only thing I haven't been able to try is superantispayware portable because I have no way of moving it at this location. I am in NC tonight but go back to FL tomorrow, so she will be on her own. Should I have her buy a flash drive and try Super? any other suggestions, or should she take it to someone? and if so who? I will monitor this post closely.

#3 AustrAlien

AustrAlien

Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6,772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:41 PM

Posted 21 December 2010 - 05:18 AM

Please try using the removal guide at the following link: Remove Antivirus Scan (Uninstall Guide)

The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM. Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.

Please post the log and let us know how the system is running now.
AustrAlien
Google is my friend. Make Google your friend too.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users