Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malware Woes

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 WilliamJ

WilliamJ

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 PM

Posted 17 December 2010 - 11:25 AM

Try this please. You will need a USB drive.

Download http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/unetbootin-xpud-windows-latest.exe & http://noahdfear.net/downloads/bootable/xPUD/xpud-0.9.2.iso to the desktop of your clean computer

• Insert your USB drive
  • Press Start > My Computer > right click your USB drive > choose Format > Quick format
  • Double click the unetbootin-xpud-windows-387.exe that you just downloaded
  • Press Run then OK
  • Select the DiskImage option then click the browse button located on the right side of the textbox field.
  • Browse to and select the xpud-0.9.2.iso file you downloaded
  • Verify the correct drive letter is selected for your USB device then click OK
  • It will install a little bootable OS on your USB device
  • Once the files have been written to the device you will be prompted to reboot ~ do not reboot and instead just Exit the UNetbootin interface
  • After it has completed do not choose to reboot the clean computer simply close the installer
  • Next download http://noahdfear.net/downloads/driver.sh to your USB
  • Remove the USB and insert it in the sick computer
  • Boot the Sick computer
  • Press F12 and choose to boot from the USB
  • Follow the prompts
  • A Welcome to xPUD screen will appear
  • Press File
  • Expand mnt
  • sda1,2...usually corresponds to your HDD
  • sdb1 is likely your USB
  • Click on the folder that represents your USB drive (sdb1 ?)
  • Confirm that you see driver.sh that you downloaded there
  • Press Tool at the top
  • Choose Open Terminal
  • Type bash driver.sh
  • Press Enter
  • After it has finished a report will be located on your USB drive named report.txt
  • Remove the USB drive and insert back in your working computer and navigate to report.txt

Please note - all text entries are case sensitive
Copy and paste the report.txt for my review

i googled xp continual reboot in safe and got this string. i did exactly this and it not allow me the break the chain of reboot or print this report.

my machine was in safe mode when i ran a spyware remover and have been stuck in the safe mode reboot for hours.

i have the pws.LD.pinchIE trojan.

Edited by hamluis, 18 December 2010 - 02:50 PM.
Split form topic in XP, PM sent ~ Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users