Try this please. You will need a USB drive.
Download http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/unetbootin-xpud-windows-latest.exe & http://noahdfear.net/downloads/bootable/xPUD/xpud-0.9.2.iso to the desktop of your clean computer
Copy and paste the report.txt for my review
- Insert your USB drive
- Press Start > My Computer > right click your USB drive > choose Format > Quick format
- Double click the unetbootin-xpud-windows-387.exe that you just downloaded
- Press Run then OK
- Select the DiskImage option then click the browse button located on the right side of the textbox field.
- Browse to and select the xpud-0.9.2.iso file you downloaded
- Verify the correct drive letter is selected for your USB device then click OK
- It will install a little bootable OS on your USB device
- Once the files have been written to the device you will be prompted to reboot ~ do not reboot and instead just Exit the UNetbootin interface
- After it has completed do not choose to reboot the clean computer simply close the installer
- Next download http://noahdfear.net/downloads/driver.sh to your USB
- Remove the USB and insert it in the sick computer
- Boot the Sick computer
- Press F12 and choose to boot from the USB
- Follow the prompts
- A Welcome to xPUD screen will appear
- Press File
- Expand mnt
- sda1,2...usually corresponds to your HDD
- sdb1 is likely your USB
- Click on the folder that represents your USB drive (sdb1 ?)
- Confirm that you see driver.sh that you downloaded there
- Press Tool at the top
- Choose Open Terminal
- Type bash driver.sh
- Press Enter
- After it has finished a report will be located on your USB drive named report.txt
- Remove the USB drive and insert back in your working computer and navigate to report.txt
Please note - all text entries are case sensitive
i googled xp continual reboot in safe and got this string. i did exactly this and it not allow me the break the chain of reboot or print this report.
my machine was in safe mode when i ran a spyware remover and have been stuck in the safe mode reboot for hours.
i have the pws.LD.pinchIE trojan.
Edited by hamluis, 18 December 2010 - 02:50 PM.
Split form topic in XP, PM sent ~ Hamluis.