Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hey everybody

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 DAVEinHOUSTON

DAVEinHOUSTON

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:20 PM

Posted 18 December 2010 - 12:54 PM

Hey everyone, it's Dave from Houston (hope that's okay to say...) I used to repair computers and related equipment, with a background in electronics and nothing in computer science. Currently unemployed and trying to make ends meet. I am a Mac addict turned PC pretender, who misses HyperCard horribly. Had my old PowerBook to use as my daily organizer and scheduling reminder, but in the end decided to make the switch, at least temporarily, to the Windows world. Am currently trying to customize and configure my ThinkPad T43 to do what my old PB100 did so well. Not at all sure exactly how this experiment will end up, but suspect I'm going to be a Windows user from here on out. I'm trying to teach myself to write professionally, and need to be fluent in the same language the rest of the world uses.

So anyway, I used to repair and assist in the use of computers, and my wife has been everything from file clerk to System Administrator (in her dept.) for the bank she works for. I fixed 'em, she used 'em, and we both helped others figure out what they were doing wrong with these critters. Pleae note that I do not consider myself a power user, just someone who is not afraid to ask questions. Thus, my appearance here. It has been nearly 20 years since I professionally worked on computers, so I am no longer conversant in the craft. Just trying to find answers to my own questions now.

Hope to be useful to this community as well as making good use of it for my own difficulties.

Thanks. And take it easy...

Dave

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users