Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot find or remove seClean.Dll registry file

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 rcmc

rcmc

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 AM

Posted 18 December 2010 - 12:26 PM

Ok, I recently fomratted my hard drive on my laptop due to virus contracted from "facebook". To make a long story short, a few valuable files I had to save I transfered and re-insstalled when I re-installed windows Vista on my laptop. I down loaded the important files I'dsaved but DIDNOT clean them with webroot which Ialso installed when I re-installed Vista OS. Now I cannot download any software (or install any new software) due to error messages I get. a couple error messages are "not initialized properly" or "accesss denied "The persistent error message that shows over and over is "seClean.Dll not recognized" or needs to be re-installed. I tried several .DLL cleaners with no help. Perfect Optimizer can't even down load and I paid for a years subscription to that software. This seClean.DLL file is hidden or itis masked behind one of the windows/system32 registry files.
HELP, how does one REMOVE this pesky seClean.DLL file when it is not shown (only persist on installation) and no software can be downloaded to even fix the problem?

RCMC

Edit: Moved topic from Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs to the more appropriate forum, due to the absence of malware logs. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users