Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista Recover Error 100a

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sunny839

sunny839

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 PM

Posted 18 December 2010 - 08:19 AM

UPDATE: i just turned on my laptop and it booted just fine. I hope this means I everything is ok.
I would've deleted this post, but I don't know how.
To whom ever has read this so far, thanks for your time...

Hello I just wanted to get some advice.

Short version:
The recovery disk for my ASUS EEE netbook (XP) was left in my HP Pavillion laptop (Vista). The laptop restarted, the recovery for EEE pc initiated... during that process when the computer asked if I wanted to continue (to reload the image, or what ever it asked...) i hit the "no" option.
Laptop then restarts... when I removed the EEE pc disk... I got the message, during the reboot, "no bootable devices found. please insert cd and press any key"
I come to the conclusion that i will have to reformat the laptop because of this situation. I start the recovery process on the laptop and I get Error 100a.

Please advise. Whats going on? Please tell me my prognosis.

Detailed version:

I have a netbook that has been giving me trouble for a while, i will likely have to reformat it. So yesterday I found the support disk that come with the netbook. I wanted to copy some of the files on the disk so I placed in my HP Pavillion dv7-1175R Laptop, which has Windows Vista (sorry i can't recall if i was using the Home edition, which came pre-install of if i had upgraded it...)

I had a family emergency so I had to run out after copying the files [i left the laptop on, and also left the support cd in it...]
It was a long day, had forgot about the dvd in my laptop and resumed using it (several hours later). I had to step away for the computer, and in the time, something must have triggered it to reboot (maybe a system update or something??) because when I came back my laptop was on the "recovery screen" asking if i wanted to reinstall the stuff that on the disk. [My netbook is an ASUS EEE, running XP by the way]. I freaked when I saw that screen/question, but I click "No" hoping everything would be ok.
The laptop restarts and stops on a black screen that say "no bootable device found. please insert disk and continue" :-(
I restarted the laptop a few times to see if I had any options.... when it first comes on its say press ESC...[forgot the exact words, sorry] when I pressed ESC the options are:
F1 system info ........(just gave me info about the computer, didn't see anything strange)
F2 System diagnostics.....(i preformed a memory check, that turned out fine)
F9 Boot Device Options .....(the only option i had was my cd/dvd drive)
F10 Bios Setup
F11 System Recovery

I started thinking that i was doomed to just have to reformat my laptop. So I found the recovery disks for my laptop (3 of them) and inserted the first one. I proceed to do the reformat, i get through the "oks" and the confirmation, and before the recovery disk actually loads any files i get the "Error 100a"

Do really have to wipe/reformat my laptop? I wasn't prepared for this, is there anything that can be done to salvage the machine and the data on it?
Why do I get the Error 100a, is it because of the netbook's recovery disk...

i don't know what to do.

Thanks for any help :-(

Edited by hamluis, 18 December 2010 - 12:18 PM.
Added emphasis to self-resolution comment ~ Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 doinmeedin

doinmeedin

• Members
  • 455 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:35 PM

Posted 18 December 2010 - 10:40 AM

Try running through this ! http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/using-vista-windows-memory-diagnostics-tool/

If life is not an option then why are we not given the option in the first place !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users