Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

infections n can't use combofix or stopzilla??

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 wundahoss

wundahoss

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:17 PM

Posted 18 December 2010 - 02:17 AM

Hi,

I am pretty sure my computer is infected, but aside from a 'fake' virus/spyware program that I hadn't yet installed anyway, my regular virus/spy program, AVG 9.0.872, didn't pick up anything. Also ran malwarebytes and that came up with nothing either.

So I tried to run Combo Fix, to send the results to someone that knows what they're on about, and it tells me it's out of date & needs to upgrade. But it crashed in the middle of the upgrade and now won't work at all. It tells me it's incompatible with my OS, that it only works on Windows xp & some other - I have WinXP SP3. I've tried uninstalling & reinstalling, redownloading, etc. I just tried again, to tell you exactly what the error message was, & it ws different. Seemed to begin installing process, but then came up with an error message about dangerous processes, then shut down & apparently deleted the exe program! The messages came up & vanished with the program so quick I didn't catch it all.

I looked up combofix on google and went to combofix.org to get a download. That had a link to bleepingcomputer for it. I also downloaded a program 'recommended' on the site 'Stopzilla' and installed that. I tried to use this program when Combofix wouldn't work, but after detecting a heap of trojans, it froze & I couldn't even close it or close the window without shutting down the computer. So upon startup I uninstalled it and did another AVG scan just in case. With the last attempt to start combofix, I noticed there was also a message about it being freeware & that if I'd paid for it at any of these sites(includes combofix.org!).... which makes me think it more likely that stopzilla was a problem.... but then again, the link to the download on your site here also came from them???

Confused! Sorry for the long post, just wanted to give what I thought relevant info... anyone think they can help me out please?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users