Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Everest Home Edition Free Discontinued

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 PM

Posted 05 December 2005 - 11:34 AM

Lavalys announced today that it leaves the freeware market by halting the development of its EVEREST Home Edition (the successor of AIDA32) system diagnosis product.

lavalys.com/news

EVEREST HOME EDITION v2.20 [last freeware full edition]
EVEREST HOME EDITION v2.20.446b [last freeware beta edition]

Some alternative toos are:
LOOKINMYPC v1.0
A system information tool that generates a complete, comprehensive system profile that includes information on all installed hardware and software. It also provides system diagnostic information such as details on running processes, installed services, startup programs, Windows updates and hot fixes, active network and Internet connections, TCP/IP port usage, event log detail.

PC WIZARD 2006 v1.66

A system information tool that provides details of all installed software and hardware. It can also analyze and benchmark hardware, such as CPU performance, Cache performance, RAM performance, Hard Disk performance, CD/DVD-ROM performance, Removable/FLASH Media performance.

SIW v1.55
A standalone system information tool [does not require installation], that gathers detailed information about your system properties and settings, detailed specs for CPU, Network, TCP/IP, Memory, Hardware, Users, Network Shares, active network connections, installed codecs, as well as real-time monitors for CPU, Memory and network traffic.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 micaman

micaman

• Members
  • 127 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 PM

Posted 06 December 2005 - 05:29 AM

Thanks for the information quietman7!

If I may add one of my favorites to your list, it would be Belarc.

I have been testing Belarc Advisor and I really like it. It will display ALL of the software installed on your machine. I found old stuff nothing else was finding. I have always used Everst, but the new edition does not show you software. Belarc will tell you everything Everst does and more. It lists your windows updates and if they were installed correctly, your programs with registration codes and even tells you the status of your hard drive and more, great product!

"The Belarc Advisor builds a detailed profile of your installed software and hardware, including Microsoft Hotfixes, and displays the results in your Web browser. All of your PC profile information is kept private on your PC and is not sent to any web server."

Operating Systems: Runs on Windows 95/98/Me, NT 4, Windows 2000, XP and Windows Server 2003.
Browsers: Requires IE 3 or Netscape 3, and higher versions. Also runs on Opera, Mozilla, and Firefox.

File size: 830 KB."

Cost: freeware for personal use.

:thumbsup:

Edited by micaman, 06 December 2005 - 05:29 AM.

#3 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:39 AM

Posted 07 December 2005 - 05:02 AM

I have been checking this program out. It is interesting.

Edited by acklan, 07 December 2005 - 05:02 AM.

"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users