Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need help with capturing sound

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 rhino1366

rhino1366

• Banned
  • 524 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 PM

Posted 18 December 2010 - 12:41 AM

Hello.

I'm learning to use Ashampoo Snap 3.50 software.

I can capture a video with decent quality from Mount&Blade Warband 1.134 game. But, with capturing ingame sound - there's some problem. I can hear it, but it's very quiet. Q: what slider should I move / unblock something?.. and how do I get to the right place?

Additional thing: on playback, I see white Windows' cursor at the center all the time (in battles). How can I hide it? ... Maybe someone is using Ashampoo Snap 3 as well? Or, someone will be so kind to test-install it to find things out?

Waiting on your quick help and advice. Thanks in advance! :thumbup2:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rhino1366

rhino1366
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 524 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2010 - 01:10 AM

Okay... now I can record it, but only in super loud. I've maxed out several sliders... which one(s) is to rebalance? :(

#3 rhino1366

rhino1366
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 524 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2010 - 01:22 AM

Okay... I've made it perfect.

One problem remains: when capturing ingame footage (battles) - there's a white Windows' cursor at the center all the time.

#4 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 PM

Posted 18 December 2010 - 01:30 AM

Would you mind explaining how you solved the sound issue?
I just started playing with the program, and haven't had a chance to try video capture, yet.

About your cursor issue, in the Options menu, have you removed the check from "Include mouse cursor in Capture"?

EDIT: Disregard previous suggestion.
It seems that as long as the cursor is in the capture area, it will be captured, whether Include mouse cursor in Capture is checked, or not.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 rhino1366

rhino1366
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 524 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2010 - 02:38 AM

Would you mind explaining how you solved the sound issue?

I went to "Realtek HD Audio Input" and made first slider very low. :)

Yeah, it seems that Snap 3 is perfect for Windows' habitat recordings, but not always so good at games. :/

Edit:

To get sound captured: apply Rear Green/Blue and Front Green at Output, and set all to top; then, for making it not so loud, just lower the first slider at Input.

Edited by rhino1366, 18 December 2010 - 02:45 AM.

#6 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 PM

Posted 18 December 2010 - 12:41 PM

Thanks for the info, rhino.

I'm starting to like this Snap 3 program, the more I play with it.
So easy to use, yet lots of functionality.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users