Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Removed viruses with Malwarebytes, still having problems

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 jjinx

jjinx

• Members
  • 112 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:38 PM

Posted 18 December 2010 - 12:12 AM

I got a virus a couple weeks ago. I ran Malwarebytes and it found several infections and quarantined them all. I will post the log from that scan at the end. Since then, I have been freezing up several times a day and have to manually shut down. Malwarebytes comes back clean now when I scan, but something is definitely still wrong. I also ran SuperAntiSpyware and removed a few things there too. I keep getting a little window that pops up from SuperAntiSpyware saying an update is available and when I click to update now, I get a message saying I have to be logged on as administrator and I am. Also, if I try to connect my camera or SD card to get pictures off of it, it won't open. The little icon that says something like 'safely remove hardwar' comes up on the taskbar. It use to pop up and ask what I wanted to do when I connected the camera or SD card. This problem has been just since the virus. When I connect the camera or SD card to another computer it opens normally. Heres the Malwarebytes log. Thanks for your help! :)

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.50
www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: 5245

Windows 6.1.7600 (Safe Mode)
Internet Explorer 8.0.7600.16385

12/4/2010 9:17:10 PM
mbam-log-2010-12-04 (21-17-10).txt

Scan type: Full scan (C:\|)
Objects scanned: 286193
Time elapsed: 36 minute(s), 8 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 16
Registry Values Infected: 2
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 10
Files Infected: 20

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{4D1EC4CA-4B92-4324-B8F8-C9A6ED06A8AE} (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{6F098504-CDB1-420f-A2E6-DDC0B835FEDF} (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{30B15818-E110-4527-9C05-46ACE5A3460D} (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\HBLiteAX.Info.1 (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\HBLiteAX.Info (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\PreApproved\{4D1EC4CA-4B92-4324-B8F8-C9A6ED06A8AE} (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{4E674574-3F0B-491d-8AE3-F90B43A34FD6} (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\HBLiteAX.UserProfiles.1 (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\HBLiteAX.UserProfiles (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\PreApproved\{4E674574-3F0B-491D-8AE3-F90B43A34FD6} (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Settings\{BDEA95CF-F0E6-41E0-BD3D-B00F39A4E939} (Adware.ShoppingReport2) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{BDEA95CF-F0E6-41E0-BD3D-B00F39A4E939} (Adware.ShoppingReport2) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Low Rights\ElevationPolicy\{A078F691-9C07-4AF2-BF43-35E79EECF8B7} (Adware.Softomate) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\hblitesa (Adware.HotBar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HBLite (Adware.HotBar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\HBLiteSA (Adware.HotBar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\HBLiteSA (Adware.HotBar) -> Value: HBLiteSA -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mozilla\Firefox\extensions\HBLite@HBLite.com (Adware.HotBar) -> Value: HBLite@HBLite.com -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:
c:\programdata\2aca5cc3-0f83-453d-a079-1076fe1a8b65 (Adware.Seekmo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\Users\Fartumas\AppData\Roaming\HBLite (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\programdata\HBLiteSA (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\program files\HBLite (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\program files\HBLite\bin (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\program files\HBLite\bin\11.0.181.0 (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\program files\HBLite\bin\11.0.181.0\firefox (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\program files\HBLite\bin\11.0.181.0\firefox\extensions (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\program files\HBLite\bin\11.0.181.0\firefox\extensions\plugins (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\programdata\microsoft\Windows\start menu\Programs\Hotbar (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Files Infected:
c:\program files\HBLite\bin\11.0.181.0\firefox\extensions\plugins\npclntax_hblitesa.dll (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\Users\Fartumas\AppData\Local\Temp\39EE.tmp (Rootkit.TDSS.Gen) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\Users\Fartumas\AppData\Local\Temp\C70.tmp (Rootkit.TDSS.Gen) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\Users\Fartumas\AppData\Local\Temp\err.log26635766 (Spyware.Passwords.XGen) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\Users\Fartumas\AppData\Local\Temp\err.log415680 (Spyware.Passwords.XGen) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\Users\Fartumas\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\plugs\KB470920.exe (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\Windows\Temp\3208.tmp (Rootkit.TDSS.Gen) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\Users\Fartumas\AppData\Local\Temp\0.5230478330826708.exe (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\Users\Fartumas\AppData\Local\Temp\0.9785870833978549.exe (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\programdata\HBLiteSA\HBLiteSA.dat (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\programdata\HBLiteSA\hblitesaabout.mht (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\programdata\HBLiteSA\hblitesaau.dat (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\programdata\HBLiteSA\hblitesaeula.mht (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\programdata\HBLiteSA\hblitesa_hpk.dat (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\programdata\HBLiteSA\hblitesa_kyf.dat (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\program files\HBLite\bin\11.0.181.0\firefox\extensions\chrome.manifest (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\program files\HBLite\bin\11.0.181.0\firefox\extensions\install.rdf (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\programdata\microsoft\Windows\start menu\Programs\Hotbar\about hotbar.lnk (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\programdata\microsoft\Windows\start menu\Programs\Hotbar\hotbar customer support center.lnk (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\programdata\microsoft\Windows\start menu\Programs\Hotbar\hotbar uninstall instructions.lnk (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users