Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Occasional Extreme Browser Slowdown

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 UncleFinger

UncleFinger

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:09 PM

Posted 17 December 2010 - 08:52 PM

Occasionally, after playing Left 4 Dead 2 on Steam, Firefox and IE will go through a period of severe slowdown. Is there anything I can do to prevent or fix this?

oh:
Windows 7
Intel i5 Processor
4 GB ram

EDIT:
Resetting the router for my wireless internet makes everything better, and it also seems that my desktop, which is attached to the same wireless internet router and ISP router suffers the same severe slowdown, if not inability to have firefox connect to the internet after a L4D2 session.

Current wireless router is a Cisco M10 Valet
Current router from ISP is Arris TM602G/CT
Desktop is windows XP service pack 3, Intel Pentium D processor Dual Core

Edited by UncleFinger, 18 December 2010 - 12:30 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users