Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IE/Mozilla Problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 think.blue

think.blue

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 PM

Posted 19 May 2004 - 12:12 AM

I hope this is the right place to put this question, as the truth is I dont know whats causing the problem at all.

Every so often, both IE and Mozilla become unable to access any website. With IE, I get the "page cannot be displayed" page and Mozilla, the "unable to connect to [website]." If I restart the computer, everything works fine again for a while before the whole process starts again. Its pretty random and I dont think Im doing anything in particular to cause it. This has been going on for a while. I know Im still connected to the Internet (MSN/ICQ still work), but any access through the browsers is impossible.

I was wondering what I could do about this. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 motherboard

motherboard

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 AM

Posted 11 March 2007 - 06:02 PM

Hi.
When it buggers up:

click start
then run
type "cmd" (without quotes)
then type "ping google.com" (again without quotes)

if it says it cannot reach google.com try doing the same thing but with "64.233.187.99" instead of google.com

Reply with the results so we can try to work out what the problem is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users