Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google: New hacked site notifications in search results

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Union_Thug

Union_Thug

Bleeps with the fishes...

• Members
  • 2,355 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 PM

Posted 17 December 2010 - 06:44 PM

http://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot.com/2010/12/new-hacked-site-notifications-in-search.html

Today we've added a new notification to our search results that helps people know when a site may have been hacked. We've provided notices for malware for years, which also involve a separate warning page. Now we're expanding the search results notifications to help people avoid sites that may have been compromised and altered by a third party, typically for spam. When a user visits a site, we want her to be confident the information on that site comes from the original publisher.

Here's what the notification looks like:

Posted Image
More at Link.

Edited by Union_Thug, 17 December 2010 - 06:45 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:09 PM

Posted 18 December 2010 - 11:31 PM

This is a really good strategy from Google. I hope it works as expected. Some Black Hat SEO may try to use this too in their favor.

#3 chromebuster

chromebuster

• Members
  • 899 posts
  •  
  • Location:the crazy city of Boston, In the North East reaches of New England

Posted 25 December 2010 - 07:25 PM

I wonder how long it will take for the bad guys to learn that their tricks will one day, not work.

The AccessCop Network is just me and my crew. 

Some call me The Queen of Cambridge

#4 VoidX789

VoidX789

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2011 - 01:44 PM

I wonder how long it will take for some idiot to spam Wikipedia, making it appear as compromised.
I wonder how long it will take for that same idiot to do the same to other websites.
Welcome to the Void of Insanity
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users