Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Not sure if this is an infection or MS Weirdness

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Sky Warrior

Sky Warrior

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:34 AM

Posted 17 December 2010 - 06:26 PM

Yesterday, I was rebooting my acer netbook running XP and a message popped up that said a process was hanging and wanted to know if I wanted to kill it. No biggie, except the process name was in Chinese script which really got my attention. When I rebooted, I looked at all the processes and couldn't see anything weird. I ran a full updated Trend Micro scan and then Microsoft security essentials. Then, I ran RU Botted and Spybot S&D. The only thing anything came up with was Spybot which found WebTrends Live.

So, now what? What did I just see? Am I paranoid? Hallucinating? :scratchhead: :killcomp: It appears to be running okay.

My background: former software engineer and UNIX systems administrator in another life. I don't claim expertise with PCs, but I know enough to try the obvious stuff. The machine has full Trend Micro Security on it as well as MS Security Essentials, because you can never be too paranoid.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users