Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System Event Notification Issues

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 manna921

manna921

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 PM

Posted 17 December 2010 - 05:47 PM

I keep getting the error message when the computer is starting up "Can't connect to system event notification service". As a result I'm unable to get online.

I've tried to restart it in system maintenance but all options of starting, stopping, or restarting are grayed out. The same for my DHCP clinet.

The only thing that I have been able to do that works is going to the command promt as admin and doing "NETSH WINSOCK RESET CATALOG".

My computer has been super slow lately and when booting up it goes to a black screen that sits forever in between the welcome screen and when my desktop acutally comes up.

Please let me know what to do to fix this problem.

I'm running Vista Home Premium.

Edited by manna921, 17 December 2010 - 07:15 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,131 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:31 PM

Posted 17 December 2010 - 06:09 PM

<<...starting up "Can't connect to system even notification service". As a result...>>

I think you meant "system event notification service" :).

http://carbonize.co.uk/wp/2009/02/15/system-event-notification-service-not-starting-on-vista/

http://www.techmalaya.com/2009/01/26/fix-could-not-connect-to-the-system-event-notification-service-error-windows-vista/

Louis

#3 manna921

manna921
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 PM

Posted 17 December 2010 - 07:17 PM

Thanks.

After I do the command prompt the computer works fine (slow but able to get online) but once I shut the computer back down I have to go through the whole process again.

Any way to keep this from happening?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users