Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

WalMart Gift Card Popups / Redirects - Please Help!!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Zalgud

Zalgud

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:18 AM

Posted 17 December 2010 - 05:18 PM

Hello!

Not exactly sure what to call this, but what's happening is I get these popups - sometimes just out of nowhere - "congratulating" me on being selected to win a $1000 WalMart gift card. I get other popups, too from places like "www.consumernewsonline.org" and "http://winterwinner.s3.amazonaws.com" to name a few. I'm fairly certain this all stems from the same "infection," for lack of a better word, as it all started happening at the same time - about four or five days ago. It doesn't seem to matter what site I am currently on, either, or for how long. These popups appear to be totally random. The only thing that doesn't seem to be random, but also started at the same time, is, in addition to the popups, almost all my Google searches are redirected to various other sites.

Again, since ALL of this started happening at more-or-less the same time, I am fairly certain it's all connected.

I am hoping you can help me out here, but please be aware I am not overly computer literate, so go easy on me and I will do my best to follow your instructions!

Thank you so much for any help you can give me here!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Zalgud

Zalgud
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:18 AM

Posted 17 December 2010 - 07:31 PM

Just wanted to add that I am running Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Version 2002, Service Pack 2 - just in case that matters.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users