Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Spysheriff Removal ?!?!?!?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rider

rider

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:41 AM

Posted 05 December 2005 - 08:46 AM

Ok, here we go.... I need guidance removing the remnants of spysheriff...... Yes, it showed up out of the blue over the weekend. I did remove the .exe file with add/removed programs and stopped the svchost.eve process that was tying up the processor time using the windows task mgr to free up the computer. Usage is now normal but I haven't turned off my computer for fear of it regenerating the next time I turn it on. I'm using windows XP home edition. My protection is pretty lame it seems. Yes the desktop is still frozen with spysheriff's message board. I've read thru 3-4 removal instruction sets that are posted on the internet and I've down loaded most of the freeware required for the fix. I'm a bit twitchy about using hijackthis.....it looks to easy to make a vege out of my dell; and with me not being a programmer, its like letting your car mechanic do brain surgery. Thanks in advance!
ttfn tlr

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 AM

Posted 05 December 2005 - 09:02 AM

We have trained techs that are skilled at removing this type of infection in our HijackThis Logs and Analysis forum.

Before posting, please ensure that you have completed all the steps in the Preparation Guide for use before posting a HijackThis Log

Good-luck.

:thumbsup:
JC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users